With Christmas only a week-ish away- have you finished your shopping? Wrapped your gifts? Gotten ideas about how to decorate your holiday table?
**Fun kitty cat story: Jerry is crazy about chips. If there is a chip in the house, he will smell it out and sit there, looking pitiful, till you give him a bite. This morning, I walked in the living room holding a handful of Chex Mix- yep, he likes them as well. Sigh. There is apparently few snacks that Jerry will not eat or at least try to get me to give him a bite.**
1. Deep South Magazine: Recipe for eggnog and Southern cookbooks that should be under your tree. **Side note: I’ve never had eggnog- but this recipe sounds good!** Continue reading
This week has flown by! Between a few activities this week and going Christmas shopping, it just seems that the week has flown by!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: A review of The Secret Ingredient of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell. Continue reading
It’s Friday. Tomorrow, I’m going to the fair with my sweet niece (and the rest of the family!) I can practically taste the corn, chicken on a stick, taffy and cotton candy! I also got my hair cut today (2 inches!) I feel lighter. Like I could fly 😉
1. Deep South Magazine and it’s #literaryfriday: Bob Dylan, front porches, and many other things. Plus- Erin Bass interviewed Rebecca Wells who wrote my absolute hands down (well 1 of them!) fave book- The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood! Continue reading
It’s been a week. #enoughsaid
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: New Fall/Winter Reading List is up and news about Kristy Woodson Harvey plus more!
2. Reviews: The Book Date reviewed Christmas in Eternity Springs, The Baking Bookworm reviewed The Promise Kitchen, The Suspense is Thrilling Me reviewed All The Good Parts, Ivory Owl Reviews reviewed Dark Water, Always With A Book reviewed Everything We Keep and OnDBookshelf reviewed The Things We Wish Were True. Continue reading
So, I’ve been a bit behind on my Literary Friday posts. Sigh. This one is going to have some throwback links from Deep South Magazine- we went to the MS Book Fest together back in August!
In other news, my niece has been taking up a good bit of my time- she came and spent the other weekend with me- it was Scooby Doo, swimming, chocolate chip cookies, and singing Pop Goes The Weasel while she splashed me with total glee whole kind of weekend. In other words, it’s the kind of time that you wish you could slow down because you know that one day she’ll be grown up and that the joys of Scooby and swimming will be long forgotten…..
Now that I’ve bummed you out- let’s get on to Literary Friday!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: The MS Book Fest Literary Friday and Literary Friday Edition 212 have some great links about the festival, images and what-not. Here is the wrap-up of the MS Book Festival experience from Erin and it also got another #literaryfriday shout-out this week!
2. More MS Book Fest news: Pictures that I took at the Fest- got a great one of M.O. Walsh with Erin Bass. I also snapped a few at some of the sessions we attended! Continue reading
Weekend plans: organizing and purging bookshelves. Send wine.
Cute cat moment: Last night, Jerry was looking in the window at me. I went outside and picked him up to let him play and snuggle inside. The gymnastics was on and as he walked toward “his” chair- he paused and began to watch the TV. He was def rooting for Team USA last night!!
Second cute cat moment: I was sitting outside trying to catch the Perseid Meteor Shower last night. Not really being sure what to look for, I just grabbed a chair and sat down. There was a path in the sky- it had almost a cloud look to it, but it was less opaque- so I wondered if that was going to be an area to watch. I sat down, got comfy and began looking at stars. I saw 1 shooting star ( or maybe it was a meteor?) and I settled in for more. Sir Thomas climbed on my lap and stretched his arms to hug on me- so we sat out there and watched for awhile. Until the cloud cover became too thick to see!
But enough about my cats.. Seriously, though.. send wine. It will be put to good use while I work hard on the books 😉 Continue reading
So, I made a promise to myself to be better about Literary Friday posting in 2016 after getting all sidetracked in a major way. Unfortunately, I’ve still not been great at posting.
The last few weeks have been busy. I’ve had other non-blog commitments demanding attention and it’s left me creatively drained at the end of the day. (Nothing bad! Just my plate got SUPER-full and some things had to be prioritized and the blogging was pushed to the back burner!) So, happily, I can say that at least 2 of the things were taking up tons of attention is now behind me and I’m hoping to fill my creative bucket again and get back to serious blogging time 🙂
Some things you can look forward to in the next few weeks: Beach Reads, review of Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica, a cover reveal and a few other things I’m cooking up!
Stick around 🙂 I have some ideas for Traveling With T- and I don’t want you to miss a thing!
On to Literary Friday…. Continue reading