It’s Friday. Tomorrow, I’m going to the fair with my sweet niece (and the rest of the family!) I can practically taste the corn, chicken on a stick, taffy and cotton candy! I also got my hair cut today (2 inches!) I feel lighter. Like I could fly 😉
1. Deep South Magazine and it’s #literaryfriday: Bob Dylan, front porches, and many other things. Plus- Erin Bass interviewed Rebecca Wells who wrote my absolute hands down (well 1 of them!) fave book- The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood!
2. Reviews from other bloggers: Always With A Book reviewed The Things We Wish Were True, A Utah Mom’s Life reviewed The Girl Before and The Real Liddy James, and both The Book Wheel and The Baking Bookworm reviewed Where Am I Now?
3. Reviews you may have missed at Traveling With T: Daughters of the Bride, The Other Widow, Lacy Eye, The Girl Before, All The Missing Girls, One True Loves and The Last Good Girl.
4. #FuturisticFriday giveaway: Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes.
5. I’ve been a bit hit and miss over the past few weeks on social media. A new kitten came into my life on Labor Day and I’d been spending a few weeks getting her settled, cleaned up (covered in fleas and ticks!) and nourished (she was so malnourished that I could feel every rib, every notch on her spine and her hipbones. 😦 That was keeping me busy, plus making sure that my other 3 cats were not feeling unloved or jealous because of Lucy. And then on September 27th, I had to have Lucy put to sleep. She had fallen from the area she liked to sleep and broke her back. It was an emotional morning at the vet and I’ve been pretty blue ever since.
Lucy- you may not have been in my life long, but you earned a forever place in my heart with your bright spirit, sweet ways, and love of hanging by the pool watching me swim.
6. My #FridayReads: Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser (it’ll be in stores 3/2017). I’ve also read this week Duplicity by Ingrid Thoft (1/10/2017) and the novella Christmas Angels by Viola Shipman (very cute read, puts you in the Christmas holiday spirit!)
What will you be reading this weekend? If you need some suggestions, check out mine and Katie @ Doing Dewey’s #FuturisticFriday list! Also, I picked up from the library this morning Find Her by Lisa Gardner- anyone read it? *No spoilers!*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T