So, I’ve been a bit behind on my Literary Friday posts. Sigh. This one is going to have some throwback links from Deep South Magazine- we went to the MS Book Fest together back in August!
In other news, my niece has been taking up a good bit of my time- she came and spent the other weekend with me- it was Scooby Doo, swimming, chocolate chip cookies, and singing Pop Goes The Weasel while she splashed me with total glee whole kind of weekend. In other words, it’s the kind of time that you wish you could slow down because you know that one day she’ll be grown up and that the joys of Scooby and swimming will be long forgotten…..
Now that I’ve bummed you out- let’s get on to Literary Friday!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: The MS Book Fest Literary Friday and Literary Friday Edition 212 have some great links about the festival, images and what-not. Here is the wrap-up of the MS Book Festival experience from Erin and it also got another #literaryfriday shout-out this week!
2. More MS Book Fest news: Pictures that I took at the Fest- got a great one of M.O. Walsh with Erin Bass. I also snapped a few at some of the sessions we attended!
3. Planners, planners, planners- it’s so hard to decide which planner to get (am I right?) Tanya at Mom’s Small Victories does an in-depth review of the Day Planner- why it works for her and what does not work!
4. Some recent reviews at Traveling With T: The Last Treasure, Ink and Bone, and The Wedding Sisters.
5. #30Authors has kicked off with a bang: Allison Winn Scotch talked about The Kind Worth Killing, Vanessa Hua talks about Grace, Laura McNeill talks about One True Loves, Mary Kubica about The Hours Count. Want to keep up with #30Authors? Here is the #30Authors lineup!
6. With just a few more weeks till Katie at Doing Dewey and I reveal the October-December #FuturisticFriday picks- here’s a catch-up of some recent reviews from Katie’s list: Seven Skeletons, Playing Dead, With Love from the Inside, Heaven’s Ditch, The Regulars, Truly Madly Guilty, and Multiple Choice.
7. #FridayReads: Finished earlier this week The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti and have started on Better Get to Livin’ by Sally Kilpatrick.
8. Giveaways: Win The Secret Ingredient of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell and The Spice Box Letters by Eve Makis.
*What are you reading this weekend?*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
10 thoughts on “Literary Friday, ya’ll….”
Aw, your weekend with your niece sounds so fun, I still love Scooby Doo! Thanks so much for sharing my Day Designer post, you know me I have to try them all out!
I would SO love to have a planning party with you 🙂 🙂 🙂
Yippee, I’m in!
I really enjoy Sally Kilpatrick’s books and am savoring The Secret Ingredient of Wishes this weekend.
Sally’s books are great. I still need to read her 2nd book, but I’ve enjoyed her other 2!
I’m SO jealous you got to see MO Walsh! Did he happen to say if he was working on anything new?!
He is very nice! Erin asked him and he said something to the effect that he had some bits and pieces started, but it was too early to reveal anything!
Thanks for sharing my reviews, T! I’ve really enjoyed our Futuristic Friday picks this last quarter and I’m excited to start on the next batch 🙂
You are SO welcome! Happy to share 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you have cooked up for your Futuristic Friday picks!