Last weekend, I had 3 goals: plant dahlia bulbs, vacuum house, iron my jeans before I ran out of clean jeans to wear. Success- I was 3 for 3. Oh I paid for my gardening adventures the next day, but I accomplished my goals. But a glass of wine and Big Little Lies on HBO go a long way toward soothing sore muscles.
What’s happening in the blog world this week? Let’s see…. Continue reading
Last weekend was a fun weekend with Miss A. Coloring, dressing up, running around- we had a great time!
I’m going to see both the A’s for a bit tomorrow- and hope the weather is nice enough so Big A and I can play a bit outside with her dog. 🙂
On to Literary Friday…
1. ICYMI at Traveling With T: A review of Love Her Madly and 2 giveaways: Caught In The Revolution and The Mother’s Promise. Continue reading
I bet ya’ll thought I just decided to quit Literary Friday postings, right? I’ll be honest, I’ve felt a struggle over the past few weeks as blog life, real life, and all the things I want to do in both lives have been tugging at me. So, Literary Friday has gotten the short end of the stick 😦 SIGH.
Meanwhile…. in other news- it’s been a hashtag blessed week as my new niece is now here! She’s got ten yummy fingers and toes that I cannot wait to play “This little piggy” with. Seeing her big sister, Miss A, loving on Little A made my heart SO SO SO SO full this week. Miss A will be spending the weekend with me and we have a big weekend planned- supper at Longhorns (that gal loves her some steak and salad!), Sleeping Beauty and Lilo and Stitch, and plenty of time for arts and crafts as I found a whole tub of foam paper, animals, glitter glue and more to play with. Continue reading
With Christmas only a week-ish away- have you finished your shopping? Wrapped your gifts? Gotten ideas about how to decorate your holiday table?
**Fun kitty cat story: Jerry is crazy about chips. If there is a chip in the house, he will smell it out and sit there, looking pitiful, till you give him a bite. This morning, I walked in the living room holding a handful of Chex Mix- yep, he likes them as well. Sigh. There is apparently few snacks that Jerry will not eat or at least try to get me to give him a bite.**
1. Deep South Magazine: Recipe for eggnog and Southern cookbooks that should be under your tree. **Side note: I’ve never had eggnog- but this recipe sounds good!** Continue reading
Hello, it’s Fri-yay!!! 🙂 We’re 2 days in December and my Christmas tree is all lit up and my burlap snowman is happy and I’ve had at least 2 talks with the cats about staying away from the tree (which reminds me of this image that Karin Slaughter posted on Facebook yesterday- cat people will LOL!)
1. Deep South Magazine and their Literary Friday: Want to celebrate #literaryfriday? Pick a book to read off Deep South Magazine’s Fall/Winter Reads list or check out this review of The Orphan Mother. And be sure to mark your calendar for January 13th– Deep South Magazine Twitter chats will return with author Kimberly Belle (The Marriage Lie) that is sure to have chat attendee’s running to the library for this book!
2. All month long, the event #AMonthOfFaves2016 is happening. Created by Tanya at GirlXOXO and co-hosted by myself and Andi from Estella’s Revenge- it’s a fun month long of prompts to post about and reasons to check out other blogs! Here is the line-up and for your reading pleasure- A Few of My Fave Things and 5ish Popular Books That Were Worth The Hype. Continue reading
Today is Friday and boy am I glad. This week has not been hard or anything, but I’ve just been restless. Ready for the weekend!!!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Reminder to save the date for the Kimberly Belle Twitter chat on January 13th and much more!
2. Giveaways at Traveling With T: Dogs and Their People (ending 11/21 at 11:59CST) and Secret Sisters. Continue reading
Today is Friday- YAY! The past few days have just been kinda a blur- I’ve been making lists, checking things off my list, up to eyeballs in social media, and trying to up my Pinterest game. What have you been doing?
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Jennifer Lawrence as Zelda Fitzgerald, recipe for Puffy Ginger Hoecakes and much more! Plus a special post about Rebecca Wells!
2. Ready to read some holiday reads? Thanks to Donna at OnDBookshelf, I saw a post about Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon happening from 11/9-11/15. For more info and to link-up, check out Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s post. Continue reading