So, I made a promise to myself to be better about Literary Friday posting in 2016 after getting all sidetracked in a major way. Unfortunately, I’ve still not been great at posting.
The last few weeks have been busy. I’ve had other non-blog commitments demanding attention and it’s left me creatively drained at the end of the day. (Nothing bad! Just my plate got SUPER-full and some things had to be prioritized and the blogging was pushed to the back burner!) So, happily, I can say that at least 2 of the things were taking up tons of attention is now behind me and I’m hoping to fill my creative bucket again and get back to serious blogging time 🙂
Stick around 🙂 I have some ideas for Traveling With T- and I don’t want you to miss a thing!
On to Literary Friday….
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Since I’ve missed a few- I’m going to highlight this week and a interview that you cannot miss from a past #literaryfriday! 5/13 #LiteraryFriday: News about the Mississippi Book Festival, Mary Kay Andrews spills her favorite books to devour in a weekend and (drumroll, please!) A chance to enter the Girlfriends Getaway to Greenwood, MS! And in case you missed it, here is the interview with Kristy Woodson Harvey that recently posted at Deep South Magazine!
2. This week is BEA in Chicago. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it. SIGH. And then I was too busy to actively participate in Armchair BEA (Double sigh). Check out Wesley @ Library Educated and Stacy at The Novel Life for 2 really good Armchair BEA posts- then follow authors Kerry Lonsdale and Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke on Instagram- they are getting some fabulous pics are (almost) soothing the pain of not breathing the air at BEA myself.
3. I want to give a shout-out to some fan-freaking-tastic bloggers who opened their blogs guest posts by Laura McNeill (she recently wrote Sister Dear– read my review here and check out Donna @ OnDBookshelf’s & Kristin at Always With A Book reviews of Sister Dear as well- PLUS see why One Book At A Time chose it as a Top 10 Summer Reading Pick!
*Cue the glitter, sparkles and fireworks* THANK YOU to Helen at My Novel Opinion– 5 Books I Love To Read Again and Again, Donna at OnDBookshelf– 5 Gifts You Must Include In A Book Lover Care Package, Laura at The Book Junkie– 5 Ways To Get More Reading Time In Your Life, BookFan Mary– 4 Books To Take On Vacation, and Reeca’s Pieces– How to Start a Book Club in 5 Easy Steps. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
4. Giveaways: Some #FuturisticFriday giveaways: Katie @ Doing Dewey is giving away The Mirror Thief, The Atomic Weight of Love, If I Was Your Girl, and I’m giving away The Weekenders and Don’t You Cry. Other giveaways: Kristin at Always With A Book is giving away Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica and Laura McNeill is giving away 2 audio books of Sister Dear!
5. Andrea at Great Thoughts recently posted about the Do’s and Dont’s of social media for authors- some excellent tips- as well as shining a light on some authors who are rocking social media!
6. Tanya at Mom’s Small Victories is showing off 2 posts today that I think you will enjoy: A Guest Post from Allison at The Book Wheel– Career Opportunities in Blogging and How Pinning Perfect Class Me Achieve Massive Growth In Pinterest!
7. My #FridayReads: I’m reading a VERY early copy of a recently added fav author (which I’ll reveal more about at a later date) and for a bit of nostalgia some old Nancy Drew Case Files 🙂 I just finished #3 Murder on Ice- Nancy, George, Bess and Ned are in Vermont for some much needed skiing- until a mystery beckons and Nancy must answer. When “accidents” start happening around the ski instructor- Nancy tries to find out if he’s setting them or the intended victim. Before George falls completely in love with a potential bad guy.
8. Oh and if you would like a few peeks at some things that have been taking up some of my time- my green thumb is getting better! Begonias, Seedlings, Planting Seeds 1 and Planting Seeds 2 have made me happy the past few weeks 🙂
So, what has been going on in your area? Reading tons of books? Gardening? Getting kids ready for graduation? Soaking up some beautiful weather and outdoor fairs/concerts? Tell me alllllllllll about it in the comments- and if you aren’t following me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram– let’s change that!
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T