Last week, I spent Saturday with the A’s. Miss A beautified me and Little A was just happy to sleep in my arms for a long nap. I had lunch at McAllisters and did a little shopping at Belk and basically had a good day. Continue reading
Last weekend was a fun weekend with Miss A. Coloring, dressing up, running around- we had a great time!
I’m going to see both the A’s for a bit tomorrow- and hope the weather is nice enough so Big A and I can play a bit outside with her dog. 🙂
On to Literary Friday…
With Christmas only a week-ish away- have you finished your shopping? Wrapped your gifts? Gotten ideas about how to decorate your holiday table?
**Fun kitty cat story: Jerry is crazy about chips. If there is a chip in the house, he will smell it out and sit there, looking pitiful, till you give him a bite. This morning, I walked in the living room holding a handful of Chex Mix- yep, he likes them as well. Sigh. There is apparently few snacks that Jerry will not eat or at least try to get me to give him a bite.**
Miss A is coming to the house this weekend- we have Gazillion bubbles, chalk and lots of sunscreen for our weekend together. I’m going to the grocery store tonight to get ice cream cones and Goldfish crackers for our snack after pool time 🙂
So, my weekend is booked- but hopefully, I’ll have a little time to spend with All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda (It’s a Katie at Doing Dewey’s June #FuturisticFriday selection and I’m pretty intrigued. It’s like a puzzle and I have a few pieces- but waiting on a few more to show up!) Nap time for Miss A will be reading time for T 🙂
On to Literary Friday…… Continue reading
It’s Friday. I have a head-cold. Ugh.
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday: Giveaway of Rita Leganski’s The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow, Lee Smith news, Jesmyn Ward interview and Ann Hite news- plus much more!
2. Traveling With T now has a GIVEAWAY page- just visit it and see what I’m giving away on my blog! Please note: this is only for my own blog giveaways- to keep up with other giveaways- please continue to read my Mashup posts and Literary Friday!
3. In case you missed yesterday’s Mashup, here it is! Lots of giveaways listed!
4. What is your #fridayreads? I’ve been reading some good books lately and some that have bummed me out- suggestions for my #fridayreads?
5. Love at First Book has a giveaway that I missed mentioning yesterday- Mind Without a Home by Kristina Morgan.
6. I’m going to see Lisa Patton and Susan Gregg Gilmore next week! Beyond excited 🙂
It’s Friday- what’s your weekend plans?
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday: Fannie Flagg, Vampire Books, Lee Smith, book festival news and so much more!
2. #giveaways this week include:
Always With a Book is giving away the latest Laura Childs book, Gilt Trip!
Book-Alicious Mama is giving away Grounded by Angela Correll!
Traveling With T is giving away Strangled by Silk by Barbara Jean Coast!
5. Book Lovers Unite is reading The Life List for October! Here is Week 1 questions!
6. Another AWESOME blogger: Helen at My Novel Opinion!
7. Yesterday, I posted a blog post that I had written- A Million and 1 ways to be a Blogger. In it, I consider things that bloggers think about- but mainly, the question is “Am I Blogging Right?” Is there a right or wrong way to blog? I don’t know- but I’m loving hearing what others are thinking!
9. My #fridayreads The Last Winter of Dani Lancing by P.D. Viner. At first it was hard to get into- but I hit a groove the other night. Let’s hope that continues!
10. October 10th come chat with Literary New England and myself- it’s a combo chat between Literary New England and She Reads- we’ll be discussing The Movement of Stars by Amy Brill. There will be giveaways! 8pmEST #LNEChat