So, I’ve been a bit behind on my Literary Friday posts. Sigh. This one is going to have some throwback links from Deep South Magazine- we went to the MS Book Fest together back in August!
In other news, my niece has been taking up a good bit of my time- she came and spent the other weekend with me- it was Scooby Doo, swimming, chocolate chip cookies, and singing Pop Goes The Weasel while she splashed me with total glee whole kind of weekend. In other words, it’s the kind of time that you wish you could slow down because you know that one day she’ll be grown up and that the joys of Scooby and swimming will be long forgotten…..
Now that I’ve bummed you out- let’s get on to Literary Friday!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: The MS Book Fest Literary Friday and Literary Friday Edition 212 have some great links about the festival, images and what-not. Here is the wrap-up of the MS Book Festival experience from Erin and it also got another #literaryfriday shout-out this week!
2. More MS Book Fest news: Pictures that I took at the Fest- got a great one of M.O. Walsh with Erin Bass. I also snapped a few at some of the sessions we attended! Continue reading
Ya’ll… It’s hot. HOT. I do not look good sweating and as I was walking the yard looking for my missing cat last night, rescuing a bird, and then saving a frog’s life from one of my other cats- I was hot. Redfaced. Upset because my cat that was missing is my sweet cat- but the one who manages to find trouble (Last time he went missing- he came home with a broken hip and over 500 bucks later at vet- he at least can climb and jump again!) So, when I saw a furry black creature running toward me last night and then heard his signature “Brr-ing”- I scooped him up and took him in the house for our version of Facetime (Jerry rubs my face with his head and sings “Brr-ing”) and me a very cold drink! Being a cat momma is tough work!
1. Deep South Magazine and #LiteraryFriday: News about The After Party, what book nerds are guilty about doing over the summer and more! Continue reading
Hey ya’ll! Today is a gorgeous sunshine filled day. Miss A (aka the cutest niece ever) is coming to spend the night and I have been scheduling blog posts and finding books to read all week!
It’s time for my feet (with the coral-polished nails) to be put up on the ottoman and to grab a cool drink and let the weekend wash over me….. beginning now!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: News about MS Book Festival (C-SPAN was there broadcasting live, folks!), a new festival is Milton, Georgia and much more….
2. Lots of giveaways happening at Traveling With T: SEASON OF SALT AND HONEY by Hannah Tunnicliffe, MY VERY BEST FRIEND by Cathy Lamb, and THE MIDDLE OF SOMEWHERE by Sonja Yoerg. All, except for the SEASON SALT AND HONEY are US only. SSH is US/Canada only. Continue reading