Whatcha got planned for Labor Day Weekend? My brother and his family are coming to town one day this weekend, my uncle is planning a big Labor Day cookout, and I’m planning to enjoy some of this beautiful weather and a good book or 2 😉
Some updates since the last Literary Friday did not get posted because Miss A was in town for an extra long weekend: Continue reading
Last week was a busy weekend at my house. Between my aunt coming to visit and then the A’s- it was just a weekend of people! This weekend nothing is planned except for planting one last round of sunflowers and hanging out in the pool! Continue reading
I’m getting my mojo back after all my Book Expo fun, my kitty cat seems to be feeling better, and I’ve even been able to read 2 books (more on that later!) In social media news, I’ve been posting to Instagram more lately (and loving how some of my book pics are turning out) so… follow me? Continue reading
So…. Last week I was at Book Expo. It was really great and I enjoyed seeing old friends and finally meeting some of these people that I’ve been talking and emailing with for years! When I came home, though, it was back to being cat mom and super aunt.. One of my cats started feeling bad so we had to go to the vet (she’s beginning to feel better), my nieces came over and Little A had a cold and Miss A had a million stories to tell and treasure hunts for us to go on! Continue reading
Last week, I spent Saturday with the A’s. Miss A beautified me and Little A was just happy to sleep in my arms for a long nap. I had lunch at McAllisters and did a little shopping at Belk and basically had a good day. Continue reading
Last weekend was a fun weekend with Miss A. Coloring, dressing up, running around- we had a great time!
I’m going to see both the A’s for a bit tomorrow- and hope the weather is nice enough so Big A and I can play a bit outside with her dog. 🙂
On to Literary Friday…
1. ICYMI at Traveling With T: A review of Love Her Madly and 2 giveaways: Caught In The Revolution and The Mother’s Promise. Continue reading
With Christmas only a week-ish away- have you finished your shopping? Wrapped your gifts? Gotten ideas about how to decorate your holiday table?
**Fun kitty cat story: Jerry is crazy about chips. If there is a chip in the house, he will smell it out and sit there, looking pitiful, till you give him a bite. This morning, I walked in the living room holding a handful of Chex Mix- yep, he likes them as well. Sigh. There is apparently few snacks that Jerry will not eat or at least try to get me to give him a bite.**
1. Deep South Magazine: Recipe for eggnog and Southern cookbooks that should be under your tree. **Side note: I’ve never had eggnog- but this recipe sounds good!** Continue reading
Well today, I pulled out my new sandals. They are glittery and fabulous and make me feel like I can rule the world. As I tweeted earlier- glitter gives me CONFIDENCE.
Now that we have fashion out of the way.. on to Literary Friday! Continue reading
Miss A is coming to the house this weekend- we have Gazillion bubbles, chalk and lots of sunscreen for our weekend together. I’m going to the grocery store tonight to get ice cream cones and Goldfish crackers for our snack after pool time 🙂
So, my weekend is booked- but hopefully, I’ll have a little time to spend with All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda (It’s a Katie at Doing Dewey’s June #FuturisticFriday selection and I’m pretty intrigued. It’s like a puzzle and I have a few pieces- but waiting on a few more to show up!) Nap time for Miss A will be reading time for T 🙂
On to Literary Friday…… Continue reading
It’s Friday. I have a head-cold. Ugh.
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday: Giveaway of Rita Leganski’s The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow, Lee Smith news, Jesmyn Ward interview and Ann Hite news- plus much more!
2. Traveling With T now has a GIVEAWAY page- just visit it and see what I’m giving away on my blog! Please note: this is only for my own blog giveaways- to keep up with other giveaways- please continue to read my Mashup posts and Literary Friday!
3. In case you missed yesterday’s Mashup, here it is! Lots of giveaways listed!
4. What is your #fridayreads? I’ve been reading some good books lately and some that have bummed me out- suggestions for my #fridayreads?
5. Love at First Book has a giveaway that I missed mentioning yesterday- Mind Without a Home by Kristina Morgan.
6. I’m going to see Lisa Patton and Susan Gregg Gilmore next week! Beyond excited 🙂