Whatcha got planned for Labor Day Weekend? My brother and his family are coming to town one day this weekend, my uncle is planning a big Labor Day cookout, and I’m planning to enjoy some of this beautiful weather and a good book or 2 😉
Some updates since the last Literary Friday did not get posted because Miss A was in town for an extra long weekend:
Jerry the cat’s trip to the vet went well. His medicine seems to be working (I think) and he’s pretty happy. After he went to the vet ( the next night) he was attacked by something. He’s an outdoor cat, so I’m not sure what he ran up on, but Jerry was a mess for several days- he was sore and very tender and slept a ton. I kept him inside for several days to help him get back to his normal state. Happy to report that he’s meow-tastic now and is loving the weather we’ve been having!
Last weekend, Miss A stayed at the house and we had a wonderful Friday swimming and playing outside– then the weather turned kinda funky the next 2 days ( cloudy, cloudy, cloudy). We still played in pool, but the water def felt colder and the temperatures of the past few days has not helped- so swimming season might be over for the little mermaid… 😦
I’m also drinking my next to last Hansen’s Cherry Vanilla and I’m sad because they are SO good. The Creamy Rootbeer is my fave, though (and I ran out of them a week ago) SIGH.
You ever wake up in a mood- not like a bad mood, just a get Sh*t done mood? That was me today. I’ve organized pilessssssssss of paper, filed sh*t that had been unfiled for weeks, cleaned my car out and run the shredder like a boss.
Ok.. on to Literary Friday!
1. 3 Tall Poppy authors had books releasing this week! All 3 were #FuturisticFriday selections 🙂
2. News from around the web: Always With A Book reviews Emma in the Night, OnDBookshelf reviews The Salt House (a #shereads pick!), The Suspense is Thrilling Me announces Sept/Oct book club reads, Novelgossip reviews Working Fire, Mom’s Small Victories reviews and is giving away The Good Daughter, Tomes and Tequila reviews The Last Christmas in Paris, Suzy Approved Book Reviews reviews Afterlife (a Katie @ Doing Dewey #FuturisticFriday selection!)
3. What I’m loving on Instagram: Anne Bogel’s Book of the Month pics (anyone in BOM- I’m not, but I’m wondering if I’m missing out!), WriterRhiannon’s pumpkin and books, and Prose & Palate’s pic ( I’m thinking I need to get Lies She Told!)
4. Instagram fun: Miss A as Elsa, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Flamingo Fun, and Little A.
5. #FridayReads: I’m still technically reading How To Change A Life, I finished Y is for Yesterday last Friday; but this week my heart has just not been in reading so much. I have stacks of books and they all look and sound good, but nothing is catching my eye. So, I’ve re-read Just As Long As We’re Together and Here’s To You, Rachel Robinson (2 books that I just love!) and The Babysitter’s Club Super Special 1: Babysitters on Board (nostalgia reading!) I’m also listening to Up and Vanished and loving it. I did get my copy of The Good Daughter this week, so I’m hoping to dive into that soon!
*What book(s) will you be reading for Labor Day weekend?*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
7 thoughts on “Literary Friday, ya’ll…”
Thanks for sharing my giveaway of The Good Daughter! I’ve been struggling with what book to read next too, I have so many great choices. I started The Chemist so i could give it back to my friend but I’m just not into it yet (and its 500 pages long) so I’m not sure if i should abandon or power through.
You are SO welcome! I’d toss it, but that is just me 😉
Yea, it was too technical for the unfocused frame of mind I have been in. So I’m back to The Almost Sisters because I had not finished it yet.
Good call! 🙂 🙂 I hope you enjoy The Almost Sisters!
Tall Poppy Reads really does have some great books! I’m way more on top of things this quarter than last quarter and actually already have emails out to publishers requesting review and giveaway copies for Futuristic Friday in October. I can’t wait! 🙂
YAY! I can’t wait to see what you got up your sleeve 🙂 And I need to get to work on mine!!!!