So, yesterday was this big thing called WORLD BOOK NIGHT! It was my first time to be a giver and I was nervous. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I worried that no one would want the book (crazy, right?)
Friday, Friday, Friday… Someone play the song “Friday, I’m In Love” by The Cure 🙂 (I love that song!)
Ok, back to the bookish things now that I’ve chair-danced for a bit….
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday- Faulkner and Flannery, Wiley Cash, Gone With The Wind, and much more… Plus… 8 Books To Fall In Love With in February– including THE WIFE, THE MAID and THE MISTRESS by Ariel Lawhon (one of the creative geniuses behind She Reads!) Read here for more info about book and the details on the upcoming Twitter chat- where you could win a copy!
2. In case you missed the good news– Me, Traveling With T, got the very good news the other day (I totally felt like Charlie when he got the last golden ticket!) Confused? Curious? Here it is: I’m going to be a World Book Night Giver! So excited! Myself and several bloggy friends got the great news the other day- and let me inform you: Waiting all day on the news because your mom married someone with basically the last letter of the alphabet kind of sucks. (Right? Anyone feel my pain on this?)
3. It’s been cold. No, this is not news. I know. It’s February. But, seeing this picture the other day has made my heart long for Spring and the first flowers and the butterflies and all the goodness of Spring!
4. Traveling With T has a copy of DAYS OF WINE AND ROQUEFORT to give away! Go enter. Now. I’ll wait. Seriously.
5. Valentine’s Day is 1 week away- read about Traveling With T likes and dislikes Valentine’s Day.
6. What are your #fridayreads? I’m reading THE WIFE, THE MAID, and THE MISTRESS by Ariel Lawhon.
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
Guess who has 2 thumbs, loves books and got selected as a World Book Night Giver? Yep, that’s right- THIS GAL. Excuse me while I dance around a bit, sing a song and throw some confetti……
Ok I’m back! Very excited! What is World Book Night you ask? Well here is the technical info, the official info (straight from the website’s mouth). But, basically, World Book Night wants to share the love of reading- so they pick a selection of books, people apply to be givers, and then the givers hand out 20 copies of a book they were selected to hand out. But, you are to hand out the book to light readers/non readers or people who do not have access to books. How cool is that? Sharing the love of reading! Continue reading
Today is the first Literary Friday of 2014! As usual, it’s filled with some good things! Lots of talk about resolutions and book-ish goals, a giveaway from Deep South Magazine, Books Speak Volumes is telling (and providing a download) of how to get bloggy organized, and much more!
Let the Literary Friday excitement begin!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday is back! Giving away Fannie Flagg’s latest, The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion (doesn’t that name just SOUND intriguing?!), talking about some Gone Girl (movie comes out in 2014- and the few teaser pics look pretty good!), interview with Mark Childress, and mentions my Best of 2013 Books! She also calls me ” book blogger extraordinaire” which my reply is “aww- shucks!”
2. Books Speak Volumes is giving us all a chance to get bloggy organized! Here is her post about her free printables and a video of how she’s planning to use them!
3. What was the first book you read in 2014? I finished TAKEDOWN TWENTY by Janet Evanovich- and while it was a few chuckles and I was entertained enough- it was just not as good as some of her earlier ones (especially her 1-9). If you read them, what do you think?
4. My first review of 2014 was Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson. Cute and charming- a modern day update of the Elizabeth/Mr.Darcy relationship. Plus, Mr. Darcy with a pup? So adorable.
5. Resolutions- oh boy, do I have resolutions! Here is my resolutions, here is my guest post schedule for authors, bloggers and other book-ish people stopping by all January long to reveal their resolutions, and here is the first guest post from Ashley @ Closed the Cover– you def want to read this and you DEF want to have broken dishes on your front porch!
6. Here is the list of books that I thought were super great in 2013. Note: This list includes many (but not all) as I may have overlooked a book or 2 that was really fab! 2014 vow: Make a list each month of the books I read that were all awesome-sauce (is it just me or does anyone else love that Discover card commercial where she’s all “Awesome-sauce”! No? Just me? Oh ok- carry on!)
7. How many books did you read in 2013? First off, if you read ANY- 3 cheers for you! Now I did read a fair amount– but I really dislike when people read these lists and feel bad. Read what you can, when you can. Read for enjoyment. Just read!
8. I didn’t necessarily write a Year in Review for Traveling With T- I mainly did a “What I Learned in 2013“. I learned many bloggy lessons, met some cool people, and got to go to some fun events. My “advice” is based on what I learned- and I hope it’ll help you!
9. Last night I saw that someone used “she has 2 black eyes” to find my blog. I was puzzled because the only thing I could think of was a domestic abuse book (hello, Hush Little Baby) or that someone thought I needed a butt-load of concealer in my pic. So I went to “The Google” and started searching. And, lo and behold, it’s totally a book-ish thing! I blogged about The Rook in 2012- and talked about the woman waking up with no memory and 2 black eyes. What is the weirdest search term used to find your blog?
10. I applied to be a World Book Night giver- wish me luck!
11. What are your #fridayreads? I’m reading THE TULIP EATERS and RIVER ROAD. What about you?