Friday, Friday, Friday… Someone play the song “Friday, I’m In Love” by The Cure 🙂 (I love that song!)
Ok, back to the bookish things now that I’ve chair-danced for a bit….
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday- Faulkner and Flannery, Wiley Cash, Gone With The Wind, and much more… Plus… 8 Books To Fall In Love With in February– including THE WIFE, THE MAID and THE MISTRESS by Ariel Lawhon (one of the creative geniuses behind She Reads!) Read here for more info about book and the details on the upcoming Twitter chat- where you could win a copy!
2. In case you missed the good news– Me, Traveling With T, got the very good news the other day (I totally felt like Charlie when he got the last golden ticket!) Confused? Curious? Here it is: I’m going to be a World Book Night Giver! So excited! Myself and several bloggy friends got the great news the other day- and let me inform you: Waiting all day on the news because your mom married someone with basically the last letter of the alphabet kind of sucks. (Right? Anyone feel my pain on this?)
3. It’s been cold. No, this is not news. I know. It’s February. But, seeing this picture the other day has made my heart long for Spring and the first flowers and the butterflies and all the goodness of Spring!
4. Traveling With T has a copy of DAYS OF WINE AND ROQUEFORT to give away! Go enter. Now. I’ll wait. Seriously.
5. Valentine’s Day is 1 week away- read about Traveling With T likes and dislikes Valentine’s Day.
6. What are your #fridayreads? I’m reading THE WIFE, THE MAID, and THE MISTRESS by Ariel Lawhon.
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
The Tuesday Mashup is here- and whoo- does it have some stuff! Crafty, bloggy and giveaways!
Tally-ho and onward to Tuesday Mashup!
1. Always With A Book is giving away BIG GIRL PANTIES by Stephanie Evanovich (ends TODAY! So get over there quickly!)
2. Books in the Burbs is giving away THE COMFORT OF LIES by Randy Susan Meyers (ends Feb 14th)
3. Utah Mom’s Life is giving away GIRL ON THE GOLDEN COIN by Marci Jefferson (ends Feb 7th).
4. Femmes Fatales is giving away a copy of MURDER WITH GANACHE by Lucy Burdette as well!
5. And, lastly, H2O Bungalow (and some of her bloggy folks) are giving away a $500 Visa Gift Card! What could you buy with $500? Man, I’m getting all dreamy-eyed thinking about what I would use it for! Go visit the link, and feel the “Week of Love” they are sharing with you! Good luck! (ends Feb 8th- so HURRY!) Continue reading
One minute, I was walking around in a winter wonderland in my nearest Walmart and Target. Aisles and aisles of Christmas trees and ornaments, wrapping paper galore, and enjoying the bargains- because Target and Walmart had to MOVE this stuff out for the next big holiday. Not New Year’s Eve- but Valentine’s Day. It was December 29th and I could already see the beginnings of Valentine’s Day- true, true- it was a scant beginning- but it was there and was going to grow exponentially by the hour. And my heart loved it and hated it.
First, let’s get a few things straight- this is not a post bashing stores about turning holidays into consumerism extravaganzas (they have to make money, y’know?) Nor is this a post about the evils of Valentine’s Day for a certain subsection of women ( y’know, the single ladies). Nor is it a cry to arms for women everywhere to feel empowered and say “Valentine’s Day- you kinda suck”. It’s just a girl, who struggles at time with her love (and yet dislike for the day). It’s honest. And maybe a bit snarky at times. Continue reading