Today is the first Literary Friday of 2014! As usual, it’s filled with some good things! Lots of talk about resolutions and book-ish goals, a giveaway from Deep South Magazine, Books Speak Volumes is telling (and providing a download) of how to get bloggy organized, and much more!
Let the Literary Friday excitement begin!
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday is back! Giving away Fannie Flagg’s latest, The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion (doesn’t that name just SOUND intriguing?!), talking about some Gone Girl (movie comes out in 2014- and the few teaser pics look pretty good!), interview with Mark Childress, and mentions my Best of 2013 Books! She also calls me ” book blogger extraordinaire” which my reply is “aww- shucks!”
2. Books Speak Volumes is giving us all a chance to get bloggy organized! Here is her post about her free printables and a video of how she’s planning to use them!
3. What was the first book you read in 2014? I finished TAKEDOWN TWENTY by Janet Evanovich- and while it was a few chuckles and I was entertained enough- it was just not as good as some of her earlier ones (especially her 1-9). If you read them, what do you think?
4. My first review of 2014 was Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson. Cute and charming- a modern day update of the Elizabeth/Mr.Darcy relationship. Plus, Mr. Darcy with a pup? So adorable.
5. Resolutions- oh boy, do I have resolutions! Here is my resolutions, here is my guest post schedule for authors, bloggers and other book-ish people stopping by all January long to reveal their resolutions, and here is the first guest post from Ashley @ Closed the Cover– you def want to read this and you DEF want to have broken dishes on your front porch!
6. Here is the list of books that I thought were super great in 2013. Note: This list includes many (but not all) as I may have overlooked a book or 2 that was really fab! 2014 vow: Make a list each month of the books I read that were all awesome-sauce (is it just me or does anyone else love that Discover card commercial where she’s all “Awesome-sauce”! No? Just me? Oh ok- carry on!)
7. How many books did you read in 2013? First off, if you read ANY- 3 cheers for you! Now I did read a fair amount– but I really dislike when people read these lists and feel bad. Read what you can, when you can. Read for enjoyment. Just read!
8. I didn’t necessarily write a Year in Review for Traveling With T- I mainly did a “What I Learned in 2013“. I learned many bloggy lessons, met some cool people, and got to go to some fun events. My “advice” is based on what I learned- and I hope it’ll help you!
9. Last night I saw that someone used “she has 2 black eyes” to find my blog. I was puzzled because the only thing I could think of was a domestic abuse book (hello, Hush Little Baby) or that someone thought I needed a butt-load of concealer in my pic. So I went to “The Google” and started searching. And, lo and behold, it’s totally a book-ish thing! I blogged about The Rook in 2012- and talked about the woman waking up with no memory and 2 black eyes. What is the weirdest search term used to find your blog?
10. I applied to be a World Book Night giver- wish me luck!
11. What are your #fridayreads? I’m reading THE TULIP EATERS and RIVER ROAD. What about you?