Ya’ll… It’s hot. HOT. I do not look good sweating and as I was walking the yard looking for my missing cat last night, rescuing a bird, and then saving a frog’s life from one of my other cats- I was hot. Redfaced. Upset because my cat that was missing is my sweet cat- but the one who manages to find trouble (Last time he went missing- he came home with a broken hip and over 500 bucks later at vet- he at least can climb and jump again!) So, when I saw a furry black creature running toward me last night and then heard his signature “Brr-ing”- I scooped him up and took him in the house for our version of Facetime (Jerry rubs my face with his head and sings “Brr-ing”) and me a very cold drink! Being a cat momma is tough work!
1. Deep South Magazine and #LiteraryFriday: News about The After Party, what book nerds are guilty about doing over the summer and more!
2. She Reads announced a few weeks ago their summer reads and here are some reviews from (some) of the super fab She Reads book bloggers: The Novel Life about Before the Fall, Katherine Scott Jones about Last Ride to Graceland, and The Book Date about The Fifth Avenue Artists Society.
3. Last week, while I had Miss A at the house- Traveling With T got a mention in Booksparks Friday Five! So excited!
4. Speaking of Booksparks– the next 2 reviews are from their June books- so check them out! Always With A Book reviews Saving Abby and OnDBookshelf reviews 25 Sense.
5. Recent reviews at Traveling With T: The Girls in The Garden by Lisa Jewell and Try Not To Breathe by Holly Seddon.
6. Giveaway: Free of Malice by Liz Lazarus (stay tuned for more giveaways in the next few weeks- I just scheduled 3 for July/August and today heard back about another one- and all I have to say about that is “It’s a good “Karma” day!” 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉
7. Tanya at Mom’s Small Victories is getting pin-tastic and you can get involved in her Pretty Pintastic Party!
8. My #FridayReads: Lowcountry Boil by Susan M. Boyer!
*Still looking for Beach Reads? Here is my 20 picks!*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
6 thoughts on “Literary Friday, ya’ll…”
Happy Friday T! I’m in Myrtle Beach at our beach house for a few weeks and today was brutal. If you were outside, you had to be in the pool. So I had my swim, and came inside with the air conditioning for an afternoon of reading 🙂
Jealous! I wish I was at your beach house 😉 The past few days I’ve been reading while swimming in the pool-the pool water had been hot till we got a rain this week and the nights cooled a bit. Reading in the AC after being in the pool sounds like a slice of heaven 🙂 Enjoy!
Glad you found the cat.
Also, thank you for all the interesting links.
I agree, it’s brutally hot and sticky humid here in NC too. Thanks for sharing about my Pinterest Party. It’s so much fun and it’s my turn to pin these awesome posts so I’ve been pinning like a crazy woman! 🙂
Have a great week and stay cool!
You are so welcome! I’m going to try to stay up to date on Pinterest Party- my Pinterest game is lacking!!!