It’s Friday. And it’s 40-something degrees where I live. Whatttt? What happened to my spring weather?
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday- The Great Gatsby (pictures and listening to the soundtrack) in preparation for “Gatsby week”, and other festivals, book-ish things and more.
2. I read and reviewed The Girl Who Married An Eagle by Tamar Myers for TLC Book Tours this week. It’s an interesting book- and worth a read!
3. For Cozy Mystery Reviews, I read Topped Chef by Lucy Burdette. Ya’ll know how I love my cozy books. And I ADORE the character Hayley Snow.
4. All week long at She Reads– the discussion of AND THEN I FOUND YOU by Patti Callahan Henry has been going on- still time to chime in!
My review of And Then I Found You can be read HERE
5. My #fridayreads: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline and Deadly Harvest (A Detective Kubu mystery). What are your #fridayreads?
6. Read about Allison @ The Book Wheel’s meeting of BA Shapiro- author of The Art Forger- a book that I ABSOLUTLEY loved. I wanted to climb in this book, I loved it that much. Mystery, art, lust and love- I LOVE books like that. Allison was super-kind to send me an autographed copy because she knows how much I love this book!
My review of The Art Forger is HERE.
7. Looking for books to read for May? Read Bookmagnet’s suggestions!
8. She Reads articles you should read:
Two Movies You Didn’t Know Were Books First
9. Like Cozy books? Want to join an online book club that only reads cozy books? Try Cozy Mystery Reviews
CMR is reading Mum’s The Word by Kate Collins for May!
10. #giveaway: The Fantastic 4 Cozy Mystery Giveaway
12 thoughts on “Literary Friday ya’ll…”
Great post, Tamara. Thanks for including my May recommendations.
Thanks! And you’re welcome 🙂 You have some great recommendations!
So much info! You do a great job of keeping track of everything for sure!
Rebecca- Thanks! Girl, you should see my “work” area- post it notes, notebook filled with things- I try to remember it all!
But you must do a good job with the organizing. I think there’s too much going on in the book blogosphere that I don’t bother keeping track (unless it’s things I have made commitments to, of course)!
Aww thanks 🙂 I think, in part, I have a photographic memory about things I read. Plus, I do take notes to keep things straight as well! And I’m organized to an extent! And I follow really great people on Twitter 🙂 🙂
You’re going to have to give me some Twitter tips. I can’t keep up with it!
Best advice: Make Lists. I used to think it was silly- but a list helps you find the important things on Twitter. Ex: I have a SRBlog list-that way with a click I can see what’s happening with those folks!
What do you use? Twitter? Hootsuite?
I’m not fancy- so I don’t use Hootsuite 🙂 I just make my lists on Twitter ( I make them private- but you don’t have to) and I have (right now) an author list and a She Reads blog list. I plan to make a publisher list soon.
I’m so glad you got the book! I knew the book sounded familiar, so I stalked your Goodreads profile 🙂
🙂 Thank you again! My goodreads profile always enjoys some stalking 😉