It’s Friday- what’s your weekend plans?
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday: Fannie Flagg, Vampire Books, Lee Smith, book festival news and so much more!
2. #giveaways this week include:
Always With a Book is giving away the latest Laura Childs book, Gilt Trip!
Book-Alicious Mama is giving away Grounded by Angela Correll!
Traveling With T is giving away Strangled by Silk by Barbara Jean Coast!
3. Traveling With T was visited this week by Angela Correll- her debut novel, Grounded, was released this week! Read the Interview or Author Spotlight about Angela for more information!
4. Reviews posted this week on Traveling With T: Grounded by Angela Correll, Wedding Belles by Beth Albright, The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty & Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber.
5. Book Lovers Unite is reading The Life List for October! Here is Week 1 questions!
6. Another AWESOME blogger: Helen at My Novel Opinion!
7. Yesterday, I posted a blog post that I had written- A Million and 1 ways to be a Blogger. In it, I consider things that bloggers think about- but mainly, the question is “Am I Blogging Right?” Is there a right or wrong way to blog? I don’t know- but I’m loving hearing what others are thinking!
8. Bloggers Recommend just posted their October newsletter: 26 Must Reads for October 2013. Check it out and find you a read!
9. My #fridayreads The Last Winter of Dani Lancing by P.D. Viner. At first it was hard to get into- but I hit a groove the other night. Let’s hope that continues!
10. October 10th come chat with Literary New England and myself- it’s a combo chat between Literary New England and She Reads- we’ll be discussing The Movement of Stars by Amy Brill. There will be giveaways! 8pmEST #LNEChat
It’s time! It’s here! All October long we will be discussing The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman- a fantastic debut novel that is heartwarming and made of wonderful!
This is Week 1 of the discussion- here is the Reading Schedule! Need to know more about Lori Nelson Spielman? Read the interview and author spotlight that was featured on Traveling With T over the summer!
Questions for Week 1:
1. Did you ever make a “life list” for yourself? If so (and if you feel like sharing) what were some of the things on the list?
2. When The Life List begins, we know that Brett has lost her mother. Brett is filled with grief and sadness- but does have to smile a bit that her mother has taken some steps to make this day easier (the champagne and the journal for later). Would you read the journal today or wait?
3. “Who’s going to boost my confidence now that my mom’s gone?”- Brett, pg 7. Is this a normal mother-daughter relationship? Or an extra-special relationship?
4. Is it cruel or loving what Elizabeth has in mind for Brett to receive her inheritance?
5. Brett’s friends try to think of ways that Brett can technically complete the list- is this what Elizabeth was thinking when she stipulated the list in her will?
6. Why is Brett so hesitant to contact Carrie?
7. Elizabeth asks “Where did she go, that fearless, self-assured girl who loved to entertain?” Why is Elizabeth so worried about this? People change- so why can’t Elizabeth accept this is not part of Brett’s personality anymore?
8. Elizabeth gives Brett a deadline as to when to finish the goals. Why? Should the deadline be negotiable? Shouldn’t Brett have time to grieve?
9. Brett loves Andrew. Can she cross the “falling in love” off her life list?
* These are just some questions to get you thinking- feel free to answer all or just some! If you have a question ask- just don’t ask about anything that did not happen between pages 1-96 #nospoilersplease!