Friday. Oh the weather is not delightful. Yesterday, the air was positively spring-like. I began looking at my flip-flops in anticipation of pedicures and walking around outside. I *might* have even spoken to my favorite new pair- saying something like “I can’t wait to show you off!” But the weather is a cruel mistress, no? Yesterday’s nice, sunny, breezy weather has led to today’s cool weather with dark skies.
In other #literaryfriday news:
1. Deep South Magazine– Cocktail recipies inspired by favorite pieces of literature, list of the most literate cities for 2012, and a review by Laura Kay, a fellow She Reads Blog Network member, about Julie Kibler’s CALLING ME HOME which is She Reads Feb Book Club Pick of the Month. Through today, comment on the She Reads post for a chance to win a copy of CALLING ME HOME.
2. More #giveaways: Tell Me Something True-A Visit With Emily Winslow Comment on post for a chance to win The Start Of Everything (She Reads is giving away a copy!)
3. #fridayreads My read is Veiled Revenge by Ellen Byerrum. Your next #fridayreads should be Julie Kibler’s Calling Me Home. In stores on Feb 12. Interested in finding out more about Calling Me Home? Here’s my review of Calling Me Home.
4. Two other books readers should be on the lookout for (Both will be released Feb 12). Gods of Mischief: My Undercover Vendetta to Take Down the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang by George Rowe and The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones.
6. Looking for great book chats? Use #gr8books on Twitter- the host is Andrea (@gr8thoughts). Earlier this week, Erika Robuck’s Hemingway’s Girl was discussed. It was a fun-filled chat with lots of interesting chatter about the book. Next chat is March 5th, from 8-9pmCST. The book discussed will be Wife 22.
7. Be thinking of questions to ask Julie Kibler because I’m hosting a Twitter chat with her on Feb 20th from 2-3pm EST. Haven’t decided on hashtag as of yet- but will def post ASAP.