Photo Credit: Goodreads
This book was sent to Traveling With T for review consideration.
Recipe for Disaster
Summary from Goodreads:
To an outside observer, Anneke Stroudt is a mess—her shirts are stained, her fingernails stubby, her language colorful. But, despite her flaws, Anneke’s life is close to perfect. She has a beautiful historic house to restore and a loving fiancé who cooks like a dream.
Until Anneke’s charmed existence falls apart when she loses both her job and her future husband in one terrible day. In need of a new start, she packs up her disgruntled schnauzer and moves into her half-finished home, where she throws her pent-up frustration—and what little savings she has—into finishing the renovation.
But at the first step into the house’s overhaul, Anneke is sidetracked when she discovers a mysterious leather-bound book, long hidden away, filled with tempting recipes and steamy secrets from Gemma Ditmore-Smythe, the cook for the house’s original owners. Slowly, with the help of some delicious food and Emma’s life lessons, Anneke begins to realize that, just like a flawless recipe, she’s been waiting for the right ingredients to cook up a perfect life all along…
Friday is HERE! A round of all things literary happening for Friday:
1. Karen White will be signing and reading at Lemuria Books today. I will be there. I hear Sea Change is supposed to be great. I’ll be live-tweeting from the book signing using #karenwhite.
2. Deep South Magazine teased us avid readers earlier in the week with a picture of books (most notably Mary Kay Andrews newest book- Spring Fever!) Perhaps that book will be given away to a lucky person today! Deep South Summer Reading List
3. Chick Lit Central is giving away a copy of Stacey Ballis Off the Menu– for the links and how to enter, see previous blog post or Google Chick Lit Central.
4. Judy Blume is on Twitter and since I’m a #booknerd that makes me happy!
5. I’m 6 or so chapters in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice– enjoying it.
6. Melinda Mcquire (@melindamcquire) has an interesting idea for writers, photographers, etc of Southern ways. If you are interested in hearing more about her idea- follow her or use the hashtag #STHRN to get more info.
7. Mia March, Mia March- I may have to add you to my list of writers who are using social media to their advantage- thanks for the follow!
Since it’s been raining all week- it’s been a great week to cozy up with books. Also, I’d missed the 2 previous weeks of Drop Dead Diva- watched the first episode yesterday that I missed- Owen and Jane- engaged- so cute!
I’m a huge chick-lit fan so seeing this book by Stacey Ballis, knowing that Jen Lancaster has been talking this book up FOREVER, and the cover art- well those things all add in favor for a good book.
While I’ve never read a Stacey Ballis book- I am eager to give this one a try. And, in the spirit of sharing- I’m posting about the giveaway (even though I’m hoping to win!)
Chick Lit Central: The Blog!: Stacey Ballis’ latest ballad, plus a book giveaway.