Friday. Pretty spring day. I’ve been enjoying my morning coffee while watching these 2 small brown birds make a nest near the breakfast nook area. It’s a good day.
1. Deep South Mag and their #literaryfriday: A honor for Square Books, news about The Great Gatsby movie, and much more.
2. #giveaways: Luxury Reading is giving away a copy of Wendy Wax’s latest While We Were Downtown Abbey and She Reads is giving away a copy of The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley.
3. Other She Reads news:
1. Books and Wine: A Pairing for The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow.
2. She Reads April Book Club Selection: And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry
3. Book Review: Tapestry of Fortunes by Elizabeth Berg
4. A Room of Her Own: The Writing Space of Patti Callahan Henry
4. What is your #fridayreads? Mine is Going, Going, Ganache by Jenn McKinlay.
5. Books that I have read lately and really enjoyed:
1. The Affair by Colette Freedman
2. And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry
3. Learning to Fly: An Ucommon Memoir of Human Flight, Unexpected Love, and One Amazing Dog by Steph Davis
4. Nickled and Dimed to Death: A Devereaux’s Dime Store Mystery by Denise Swanson
5. The Mermaid of Brooklyn by Amy Shearn
6. Life After Life by Jill McCorkle
6. Have you made your bucket list? What about your book-ish bucket list? Here’s mine: Traveling With T’s Book-ish Bucket List
Happy Reading 🙂
Dev is back in the second book in Devereaux’s Dime Store Mystery series.
Dev has a hot date planned with the hot US Marshal Jake- until he gets the last minute call that he’s able to go back to duty and on a hot case. Dev’s disappointed( who wouldn’t be after buying a new dress?), but when Dr. Noah Underwood calls asking her to accompany him to an event and saying he has a business connection she needs to make, she decides not to waste the dress!
While at the event, she gets a phone call from Boone, one of her best friends. He’s at the police station and a suspect in the Elise Whitmore murder. Dev and Poppy know Boone could not murder someone- so with the help of Noah, they start digging into Elise Whitmore’s murder. Between the 3 of them- they find some interesting suspects- but do they find the murderer?
To top off Dev’s days- she’s got 2 hunky men wanting to be with her- Jake and Noah. And neither one looks like they are willing to throw in the towel when it comes to Dev.
Funny. Enjoyable. Great little cozy series. While it is different than Denise Swanson’s other series (Scumble River) this series defintely stands on it’s own. Cozy readers, sit back and enjoy Dev’s world.