It’s Literary Friday! Talk of Gone Girl is buzzing about today (more on that later!)
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Karen White and Return to Tradd Street news, Gone Girl made the list for 16 books being made to movies to see, Wiley Cash’s latest, A Dark Road To Mercy is a mover and shaker (don’t forget to join in Twitter chat Jan 31’st hosted by Deep South Mag!) and so much more!
2. Always With A Book got to meet Sue Monk Kidd this week- read on for her exciting tale!
3. Giveaways, giveaways, giveaways! Always With A Book is giving away Wendy Wax’s While We Were Watching Downton Abbey (ends TODAY) AND Eggs in a Casket by Laura Childs. Traveling With T (that’s me!) is giving away an e-copy of Wild Ones by Kristine Wylyys and The Tulip Eaters by Antoinette V Heugten.
4. So, back to the Gone Girl thing. The news on the internet today is that Gillian Flynn re-wrote the ending for the movie version of Gone Girl. Say what?! What are your thoughts on this news? Here’s mine: We prob should have seen this coming. It’s really not that surprising- I mean, don’t get me wrong- I wish THE ENDING would be the ending in the movie. But, it’s not going to stop me from watching the movie. I say pass the popcorn and hand me my large strawberry drink while I enjoy Gone Girl on the big screen!
5. Bloggers Made of AWESOME is back this week with Krysta from Pages Unbound! Read about her #literaryconfession!
6. I reviewed River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz this week- the right amount of suspense and romance for me!
7. What are your 2014 reading goals? Here is some of mine!
8. Don’t forget: Twitter chat with Jennie Shortridge 1/15! Use #srbkchat to join in the fun- it begins at 8pmEST and there will be 3 copies of LOVE WATER MEMORY given away!
9. You know, I said that Traveling With T had some good news- well, I just posted a new button in my sidebar- I’m a Harlequin V.I.B (Very Important Blogger). Which means that Traveling With T will be having access to more great giveaways (which is great for you!)
10. What are you #fridayreads? I just finished my ARC of Murder With Ganache by Lucy Burdette (loved it!) and will be starting The Goldfinch soon.