Meg London writes the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie Mystery series (she also writes under he real name of Peg Cochran, The Gourmet De-Lite Mystery Series). Read on to find out why you should be reading her cozy books!
Interview with Meg London
1. Meg, how would you describe the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series?
It’s set in Paris, Tennessee, and I’d like to think it’s full of Southern charm :). The series revolves around Arabella and her niece Emma. They have renovated Arabella’s lingerie shop (ripped out the pea green shag from the 1970s and it’s now pale pink with black and white toile accents) and found their niche in vintage lingerie. There’s mystery and murder (of course) but romance, too. Emma realizes she’s in love with her best friend, Liz’s, brother. Arabella has several men interested in her and Sylvia, the crusty ex-New Yorker they’ve hired as a bra fitter, finds love in the Laced with Poison. Oh, and I won’t tell you what Pierre, Arabella’s French bulldog, gets up to!
2. Emma Taylor, the main character in the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series, how would you describe her? How did you create the character of Emma?
She crystalized for me when I saw a picture of Carey Mulligan with short, dark hair. I thought, “that’s Emma!” Emma is a bit of a wounded bird at first—her ex-boyfriend was cheating on her with several high profile models—but she’s tough, too. She’s the sort who makes the best of things and tries to remain cheerful no matter what comes her way.
3. What is the best thing about writing cozy mysteries?
Being able to create my own world and then lose myself in it! I love cozies because they’re all about the people, their secrets, the gossip they spread, their relationships. I’m not as interested in the forensics and the grooves on a bullet leading to the killer but rather the analysis of personalities and putting the pieces together through what people say and do.
4. Meg, do you have a street team to help promote your books? If you don’t, is this something that you might consider?
I don’t have a street team. I’ve only recently heard of the term. I think I could use one!
5. Meg- you have 2 series- one, the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series and the other written by you as Peg Cochran- the Gourmet De-Lite Mystery series. Emma and Gigi are the main characters- which character is more like you?
I think Gigi is probably a little more like me—she’s a bit older than Emma, has been married and loves to cook (which I do, too.) She also went to Catholic school (same here). I suppose writers put a little bit of themselves in every character, but I view Emma and Gigi as people in their own right. Sometimes I have to remind myself that they don’t really exist.
6. What can readers of the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series expect from Emma next?
Well…I don’t want to give away too much about the next book, but she faces some family issues, and her romance with Brian heats up nicely!
*Thanks to Meg London for the interview!
Meg London, also known as Peg Cochran, writes 2 different cozy mystery series. One is the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series by Meg London and the other is the Gourmet De-Lite Mystery series written by Peg Cochran. Both Meg and Peg can be found on her website!
To see my review of Steamed to Death by Peg Cochran- read HERE.