It’s the Thursday before the big love-fest day known as Valentine’s Day. This Mashup will have some recipes that I found that might be just the perfect thing for V-day (whether you be single, married, madly in love or whatever!)
Tastes of Lizzy T posted about this Amish Chocolate Covered Cherries a couple of weeks ago- and the picture she used- YUM looking! I read the recipe- they did not sound too hard (all hail those of us that pots and pans quake with fear as we walk through the kitchen!)
The Frugal Foodie Mama made Double Chocolate Cherry Biscotti- and I basically wanted to lick my computer screen. No, wait that’s gross (and I so didn’t). But if in the future scratch and smell links come to computer screens (you know, like about the time that everyone has flying cars) THIS is the recipe I want to try first. Continue reading
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. And if you aren’t wanting to go the chocolate/flowers route for gifts- I’ve got a few ideas for the bookish gal in your life (or the bookish friend who needs a little pick me up on V-day or your budding bookish child)
Valentine Gift Ideas:
1. Books- yes, books! Easy-peasy. Go to an indie store (odds are you can find a cool signed book- even if you missed the author there- they usually sign tons of stock!) If you aren’t near an indie- Amazon and Barnes and Noble are other good options!
2. The e-reader. Whether you pick Nook or Kindle- you really can’t go wrong. Full disclosure: I have the el-cheapo Kindle and I LOVE it. Much more than what I thought I would. I highly recommend the el-cheapo Kindle if you are buying for your kids or a person you are not quite sure will embrace the e-reader.
3. Nancy Drew Iphone Case– for the Nancy Drew lover who wants her phone to be stylish.
4. Kindle or Nook Covers- you can get several options at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Heck, even Vera Bradley makes them (so adorable!) Or, you can get one specially made (I like this Nancy Drew one!)
5. Maybe your Valentine is more of a bookmark person- no worries- here are some suggestions: Hunger Games bookmarks (I’ve ordered these and have every 1 this Etsy seller makes- I give them as gifts & they are great!) Or maybe they are a Jane Austen fan? Or a Keep Calm & Read On type of person? Or think Cupcakes are adorable?
6. Is your Valentine a tote lover? Here’s some: Sometimes I’ve believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast, Keep Calm and Read, or My Book Club Can Drink Your Book Club Under The Table.
7. Or is bookish jewelry the way to their heart? Here is a Book Nerd necklace.
8. If all else fails, a gift card to their favorite bookstore would be appreciated!
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T