Well last weekend I spent the weekend in Jackson for the Sweet Potato Queen weekend. I laughed, I dressed up, I played, my picture was posted in the Clarion Ledger, I saw friends I only see 1x a year, I ate good food, and I just had fun.
I was still sad about Sir Thomas. He has still not returned as I write this and Friday will be 21 days. 😦 I think about that movie Homeward Bound ( it was on the other week and I couldn’t even watch it because I knew I would sob like a big baby. Also the movie Hachi cannot be watched as that will turn me into a pile of tears.) and I keep hoping that he’s trying to make his way home.
I’m hoping that I will have good news soon and I SO appreciate all the good vibes you are sending me and Sir Thomas. ❤
On to Literary Friday….
2. I got an early review copy of The Summer Guests by Mary Alice Monroe!
3. Sweet Potato Queen fun…
View this post on Instagram
Well this weekend is going to be less bookish, more laughing with my Sweet Potato Queen friends. Still missing Sir Thomas, but trying to focus on having fun. . . Stay tuned to my stories & feed all weekend as I share photos of fun in Jackson. Team Mermaid 🧜♀️ is going to be all about fun!!!
4. News and reviews from around the web: Silver’s Reviews reviews The Last Year of the War, Steph’s Fiction reviews Gimme Some Sugar, Orange County Readers reviews Midnight at the Wandering Vineyard, Always With A Book reviews The Library of Lost and Found, & Bookfan reviews The Cliff House.
5. On Fridays we wear big hats…
6. Blue Mermaid walking the streets of Jackson, MS.
7. #FridayReads: Still working my way through Carousel Beach and I’ve added Deadly Politics to my currently reading pile.
8. My peony bushes are growing and I hope they bloom this year.
9. Loving this cover!
10. When I got back home, a great package from St.Martin’s Press was here. With the makings of an alcoholic drink, 2 copies of A Stranger on the Beach, and a little umbrella to stick in my cocktail 🙂
* Whatcha reading this weekend? Keep sending good vibes for Sir Thomas to return!!*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T