Well last weekend I spent the weekend in Jackson for the Sweet Potato Queen weekend. I laughed, I dressed up, I played, my picture was posted in the Clarion Ledger, I saw friends I only see 1x a year, I ate good food, and I just had fun.
I was still sad about Sir Thomas. He has still not returned as I write this and Friday will be 21 days. 😦 I think about that movie Homeward Bound ( it was on the other week and I couldn’t even watch it because I knew I would sob like a big baby. Also the movie Hachi cannot be watched as that will turn me into a pile of tears.) and I keep hoping that he’s trying to make his way home.
I’m hoping that I will have good news soon and I SO appreciate all the good vibes you are sending me and Sir Thomas. ❤
On to Literary Friday….
2. I got an early review copy of The Summer Guests by Mary Alice Monroe!
3. Sweet Potato Queen fun…
4. News and reviews from around the web: Silver’s Reviews reviews The Last Year of the War, Steph’s Fiction reviews Gimme Some Sugar, Orange County Readers reviews Midnight at the Wandering Vineyard, Always With A Book reviews The Library of Lost and Found, & Bookfan reviews The Cliff House.
5. On Fridays we wear big hats…
6. Blue Mermaid walking the streets of Jackson, MS.
7. #FridayReads: Still working my way through Carousel Beach and I’ve added Deadly Politics to my currently reading pile.
8. My peony bushes are growing and I hope they bloom this year.
9. Loving this cover!
10. When I got back home, a great package from St.Martin’s Press was here. With the makings of an alcoholic drink, 2 copies of A Stranger on the Beach, and a little umbrella to stick in my cocktail 🙂
* Whatcha reading this weekend? Keep sending good vibes for Sir Thomas to return!!*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T