So where was I last week on Literary Friday? Having a belated Thanksgiving with the 2 cutest nieces ever, playing dolls with Miss A (she just got her first American Girls doll and loves to have someone play with her) and cleaning up the high chair from Little A’s Turkey day dinner (she loves to eat, but allllllll did not make it in her mouth!)
This week’s post is going to have some pictures, some great links and other fun! Oh and an update on Sir Thomas (plus a funny story)…. He got his stitches out the week of Thanksgiving. He had to stay in for another day or so to make sure where they removed the stitches was ok and then he was free to run and play outside!
For those who are following me on Instagram- you know that he’s had to wear some shirts during this trying time and I was not familiar with what size he would need (he weighs 17lbs it’s mostly muscle 😉 So I picked up a couple different sizes of boy’s shirts…. I found out that 6-9 months works perfectly for a cat of his size and set aside the 12 month shirt to return.
I was at my brother’s house last night and I looked on their table and I saw a shirt just like the 12month shirt I had purchased for Sir Thomas. Then my brother came in from work and told me that Miss A had told him that I had bought that shirt for Little A and gave it to her last week when they were in town for Thanksgiving. So, we all laughed and laughed about the shirt that was originally bought for Sir Thomas and now is Little A’s…..
2. ICYMI review at Traveling With T: Left To Chance by Amy Sue Nathan.
3. Reviews from around the web: Always With A Book reviews The Sleeping Beauty Killer, Doing Dewey reviews Careers for Women, Suzy Approved Book Reviews reviews The Last Mrs. Parrish, OnDBookshelf reviews Fork, Knives & Spoons, Reeca’s Pieces reviews Forks, Knives & Spoons, Roasted Romance reviews November 9th, Novelgossip reviews Anatomy of a Scandal, Crime by the Book recommends some thriller reads, & over at The Suspense is Thrilling Me– one of Chelsea’s guest reviewers (Dennis) is reviewing Two Girls Down.
Today's #instawithbooks #cozyupwithbooks prompt is wish list! I thought really hard about what wish list meant to me and I decided that I'm going to share some books I wish I could re-read for the first time since they were unbelievably good! . . . . I love reading and re-reading, but these books are def on a par of 'wish I could re-read for the first time over & over so that I could experience the secrets, twists and tears again without knowing what was coming! The books I picked: The Gates of Evangeline, Come Away With Me, Lie to Me by @jt_thrillerchick, The Magician's Lie by @theladygreer , Follow Me Down & The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo! . . . . . Are you joining in for #instawithbooks #cozyupwithbooks? Here are the details: Welcome to the first of what we hope are many #instawithbooks challenges for book lovers. @momssmallvictories @thenovellife @mynovelopinion @thenovelconnection @createwithjoy and I hope you will join us in December as we celebrate the holidays with books. Just share a photo each day (or as many as you can) using the prompt shown. We want to see how you cozy up with books. Be sure to use the #instawithbooks and #cozyupwithbooks hashtags so your hosts can repost and see your awesome photos. Just so you know, here are some National days to help you join in the fun: Dec 4th is National Sock Day Dec 10th is National Dewey Decimal Day Dec 13th is National Hot Cocoa Day Dec 19th is National Hard Candy Day Dec 26th is National Thank You Card Writing Day Dec 31st is National Champagne Day Ready to #cozyupwithbooks? We hope you'll join us!
5. Some of the Instagram photos I’m loving today that are participating in the challenge: The Novel Life, Mom’s Small Victories, Roasted Romance, Bloomin.chick, SilversReviews, MyNovelOpinion, HoneyandPineco & CarolsNotebook.
6. #FridayReads: I’m not reading anything today, but just finished the latest Library Lover book by Jenn McKinlay!
7. This is how I spent my last Friday instead of blogging and while I love blogging and talking with my online friends… spending time with these 2 sweeties is worth time away from the blog.
8. December is going to be busy with #AMonthOfFaves and #instawithbooks #cozyupwithbooks happening. I’ll still be blogging and you can catch me on Instagram ( I’m really embracing the IG stories and generally have a story or 2 up that is me keeping it real and sharing slices of my life), Twitter, and Facebook.
*Can you believe that today is December 1st? What books are you looking forward to reading in December?*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T