Friday, Bloggiesta, and lots of reading! What’s your Friday plans?
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: News of James Franco as Faulkner, SoFest of Books in Nashville, 11 scariest mothers in books, upcoming book signings, what Erin is reading now (some good looking books that *may* be on the upcoming Fall Reading list!) and much more!
2. Bloggiesta is happening this weekend! Basically, it’s a 3 day weekend to work on your blog, make connections and visit the other blogs hosting the mini-challenges. It’s blog love, baby! I don’t always participate in Bloggiesta- but I try to do some work when I can during these 3 day blog-love weekends! This time, I’m REALLY trying because 2 of my fav blog buddies- Rebecca @ Love At First Book and Allison @ The Book Wheel are both hosting mini-challenges (Whoo, Rebecca and Allison! Proud of you girls!)
Here are some interesting Bloggiesta-related things I’ve found today:
Love At First Book: How To Host (and participate) in a Digital Book Club & Giveaway!
The Book Wheel: 50 Bookish Things
Always With a Book: Bloggiesta.. My To Do List and Updates
Books Speak Volumes: Ten Things Every Book Blog Needs
3. Did you know that I’ll be co-hosting the Hank Phillippi Ryan chat with Literary New England on September 25th at 8pmEST? You didn’t?! Well, I am! Be there as we talk about THE WRONG GIRL and giveaway some books! Use hashtag #LNEChat to join I the fun! This will be the first of 2 scheduled Literary New England/She Reads chats- and everyone is very excited!
My blogger friend, Always With a Book, got to meet Hank Phillippi Ryan this week (and was kind enough to pick me up a signed book!) Read about K meeting HPR- Author Meet and Greet: Hank Phillippi Ryan
4. This isn’t Bloggiesta related, but Ivory Owl Reviews blogged this week about what she learned in her first year of blogging- and it’s worth a read!
5. #giveaway: Have you heard of The Returned by Jason Mott? The blog-osphere is all a-twitter about this book! And you are in luck! Luxury Reading is giving away a copy! Need more of The Returned? The Book Wheel was lucky enough to get an interview with Jason Mott (that girl is a mover and shaker- folks!)
6. 2 reviews posted this week on Traveling With T: Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand and What A Mother Knows by Leslie Lehr.
7. Holly Goddard Jones, author of The Next Time You See Me, stopped by Traveling With T this week for an Interview and Author Spotlight.
8. Book Lovers Unite September read Astor Place Vintage is still going on at Book-alicious Mama and October’s book has been announced for when it returns to Traveling With T: The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman I’m very excited for this discussion- and I hope you will join in the fun! Reading schedule to be posted next week!
9. Catching up on posting about 2 fab authors I met over the summer: Meeting Anton DiSclafani and Meeting Susan Crandall
10. Another Blogger Made of AWESOME: Drey @ Drey’s Library!
11. My #fridayreads: Astor Place Vintage, Wedding Belles by Beth Albright, and maybe 212 by Alafair Burke! What are you reading for #fridayreads?
Happy Reading and good luck with Bloggiesta if you are participating!
8 thoughts on “Literary Friday ya’ll…..”
Thanks for all the mentions!!! I think you are going to love Wedding Belles – it’s my favorite of the 3 books so far! I bought my copy of The Life List last week and am really looking forward to reading and discussing it – great pick!
YW! I’m enjoying Wedding Belles! I can’t wait for you to read The Life List!
Thanks for the shout out! Be sure to enter 🙂
YW! I will! I need to update my 50 bookish list anyway (it’s still not near 50 😦
That’s okay. You can link up and enter the giveaway anyway 🙂 Besides, you already have half of the entire completed!
🙂 🙂 Yay! I LOVE this whole 50 bookish list thing you and Rebecca came up with! So creative and inspiring!
Fabulous as always!!! Seriously, I look forward to these posts each week!!!
Aww thank you! 🙂 🙂