It’s here: Today is the day to discussion for Murder of a Small-Town Honey by Denise Swanson. Part of the reason I chose this book to discuss is because I’m a member of the Swanson’s Sleuths Street Team, but mainly because- this is a great cozy series and I’ve been wanting to find people to discuss cozy books with!
1. Skye leaves Scumble River on the heels of a memorable speech- but returns years later. Could you have returned? Would you have returned to Scumble River?
2. What do you think of the town of Scumble River?
3. Honey has a past- and it ties to a few residents of Scumble River. What did you think of her past? Could Honey have learned from her past?
4. Skye is not a size 6 character. Is it refreshing to see a character that has curves?
5. For people who have read more of the Scumble River series- what are the differences in the Skye we meet in Murder of a Small-Town Honey and the Skye we see in later books? Has she grown-up? Changed? Still the same Skye? Embraced her small-town roots?
6. What did you think of the mystery? Engaging? Good first book in series? Needs more work? Chime in!
Thanks for coming by- for August- we’ll read Kate Collin’s newest book, Seed No Evil (out Aug 5th)!