My brother is in Washington DC today- a little road trip planned with a friend. He reports that it’s quite cold in our nations capitol.
Other #literaryfriday news:
1. Deep South Mag has their weekly #literaryfriday- as always it’s quite good. Talk of Kevin Bacon’s new show The Following and it’s Edgar Allan Poe connection, Gone Girl (the movie) may have found a director, and much more!
Today was also the day of the Amy Hill Hearth chat on Twitter (sorry I did not post blog before it happened!) If you want to know more about her, please read the interview that Deep South Magazine posted. Also, look for #southernlit on Twitter to see some of the talk!
2. My #fridayreads is Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and Gods of Mischief:My Undercover Vendetta to Take Down the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang by George Rowe. Both are good- and at opposite ends of the book world! Me Before You has already made several books lists and is creating quite a buzz. Look for Gods of Mischief (Touchstone Publishing) in February!
3. Had a lovely book weekend last weekend. Met with some ladies- spent the entire weekend discussing books and things (look for a blog post ASAP). While on my book weekend, I bought 2 books from Lemuria Bookstore- Deep South by Nevada Barr and Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. Any thoughts on these?
4. I should have my chick lit fan club card revoked for this: I saw a Madeline Wickham book on the bargain book table at Barnes and Noble- and upon first glance I thought it said “by Sophie Kinsella and Madeline Wickham”, but it turns out- they are the same person, which I did not know. Silly me. #pleasedonttakemychicklitfancardaway
5. Oh and my copy of Kinsey and Me by Sue Grafton arrived this week. Guess who’s tap dancing around the house? This girl, that’s who!
Happy Reading- wherever you are!