So last week, Chelsea Cain had a meltdown on Facebook. And whoo, has it got people talking. By the time the meltdown had been brought to my attention- Chelsea had removed the posts- but thanks to Literary, etc– you can read the actual posts (and her thoughts on the subject as well). Now before anyone gets their pouty pants on saying I’m trashing Chelsea or her new-found haters add me to that particular fan club- STOP. THINK. AND READ. I’m not trashing Chelsea NOR am I condoning her behavior. We are going to talk about the meltdown as related to our expectations of the author/reader relationship. Continue reading
My brother is in Washington DC today- a little road trip planned with a friend. He reports that it’s quite cold in our nations capitol.
Other #literaryfriday news:
1. Deep South Mag has their weekly #literaryfriday- as always it’s quite good. Talk of Kevin Bacon’s new show The Following and it’s Edgar Allan Poe connection, Gone Girl (the movie) may have found a director, and much more!
Today was also the day of the Amy Hill Hearth chat on Twitter (sorry I did not post blog before it happened!) If you want to know more about her, please read the interview that Deep South Magazine posted. Also, look for #southernlit on Twitter to see some of the talk!
2. My #fridayreads is Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and Gods of Mischief:My Undercover Vendetta to Take Down the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang by George Rowe. Both are good- and at opposite ends of the book world! Me Before You has already made several books lists and is creating quite a buzz. Look for Gods of Mischief (Touchstone Publishing) in February!
3. Had a lovely book weekend last weekend. Met with some ladies- spent the entire weekend discussing books and things (look for a blog post ASAP). While on my book weekend, I bought 2 books from Lemuria Bookstore- Deep South by Nevada Barr and Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. Any thoughts on these?
4. I should have my chick lit fan club card revoked for this: I saw a Madeline Wickham book on the bargain book table at Barnes and Noble- and upon first glance I thought it said “by Sophie Kinsella and Madeline Wickham”, but it turns out- they are the same person, which I did not know. Silly me. #pleasedonttakemychicklitfancardaway
5. Oh and my copy of Kinsey and Me by Sue Grafton arrived this week. Guess who’s tap dancing around the house? This girl, that’s who!
Happy Reading- wherever you are!