I think I’ll just say that it’s been a week and just say that for now…….
2. The Editor published this week- is it on your TBR list?
View this post on Instagram
Thanks 🙏 @putnambooks for the bookmail! #partner . . ABOUT THE EDITOR From the bestselling author of Lily and the Octopus comes a novel about a struggling writer who gets his big break, with a little help from the most famous woman in America. After years of trying to make it as a writer in 1990s New York City, James Smale finally sells his novel to an editor at a major publishing house: none other than Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Jackie–or Mrs. Onassis, as she’s known in the office–has fallen in love with James’s candidly autobiographical novel, one that exposes his own dysfunctional family. But when the book’s forthcoming publication threatens to unravel already fragile relationships, both within his family and with his partner, James finds that he can’t bring himself to finish the manuscript. Jackie and James develop an unexpected friendship, and she pushes him to write an authentic ending, encouraging him to head home to confront the truth about his relationship with his mother. Then a long-held family secret is revealed, and he realizes his editor may have had a larger plan that goes beyond the page… From the bestselling author of Lily and the Octopus comes a funny, poignant, and highly original novel about an author whose relationship with his very famous book editor will change him forever–both as a writer and a son. . . So.. who thinks this book sounds really interesting? And hello.. Jackie O?! Color me very intrigued! . . #bibliophile #book #booksofig #bookstagram
3. News from around the web: Steph’s Fiction reviews Sunset Beach, Jenn Tarheel Reader reviews Gimme Some Sugar, Really Into This reviews The Editor,& Orange County Readers shares what makes her pick up a book.
4. The Dry recently jumped into my shopping cart- have you read it?
5. #FridayReads: Still working on Carousel Beach. The last couple of weeks have not had much time for reading. 😦
6. Have you added The Escape Room to your Want To Read shelf?
7. The Girl He Used To Know published this week- who LOVES this cover?
View this post on Instagram
#sponsored: Happy Pub Day to The Girl He Used To Know! Thanks @stmartinspress for the book! . . Annika Rose likes being alone. She feels lost in social situations, saying the wrong thing or acting the wrong way – she just can't read people. She prefers the quiet solitude of books or playing chess to being around others. Apart from Jonathan. She liked being around him, but she hasn't seen him for ten years. Until now that is. And she's not sure he'll want to see her again after what happened all those years ago. Annika Rose likes being alone. Except that, actually, she doesn't like being alone at all. . . I’m really intrigued by how this book sounds- and that cover has me 😍😍😍😍 . . Is The Girl He Used To Know on your TBR list? . . #bibliophile #book #booksofig #igbooks #bookstagram
8. Have you entered to win Gimme Some Sugar?
9. Don’t forget to enter to win The French Girl and The Missing Years!!!
*What are you reading this weekend?*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
Traveling With T