Happy Literary Friday (err…. Saturday!) I’ll be honest- yesterday, while I had most of the Literary Friday post planned in my mind- I was just in a funky mood. I felt zapped. Cranky. Tired. I needed to take 5, get back in the right frame of mind and relax.
So, last night, after eating some delicious Mexican and texting with 2 friends (one who always has the appropriate HATERS GONNA HATE text and my other- who knows that piranhas sometimes take human form) helped get my mindset on the right track. And then I dived, headfirst, into the delicious writings of Beatriz Williams- and her last book about those Schyuler sisters- ALONG THE INFINITE SEA.
Now on to Literary Friday (albeit a day late!)
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Literary Costume Ideas, news about festivals and 15 minutes with Ron Rash- and that’s just for starters!
2. Giveaways: Traveling With T has 2: THE GOOD NEIGHBOR by Amy Sue Nathan (currently 366 entries in the giveaway!) and a Kindle Paperwhite giveaway from author L.A. Long. Doing Dewey is giving away SILVER TONGUE by AshelyRose Sullivan. Always With A Book is giving away PARCHMENT AND OLD LACE by Laura Childs.
3. Reviews: THE COINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE by Amy E. Reichert and PARCHMENT AND OLD LACE by Laura Childs. OnDBookshelf reviews THE PERFECT COMEBACK OF CAROLINE JACOBS by Matthew Dicks. A Utah Mom’s Life reviews THE LAST SEPTEMBER by Nina De Gramont.
4. Looking for some delicious #foodie books for October? Ivory Owl Reviews has got your back with 12 books (one in particular that I’m excited to read!) Readers of Traveling With T can you guess which one makes my list? 🙂 🙂
5. Does your book club need new books to read? Hester Young, author of THE GATES OF EVANGELINE (which Traveling With T gave 2 thumbs up to) is giving away 5 signed hardcovers of her book- courtesy of Putnam Books.
6. What are you reading this weekend? I’m reading ALONG THE INFINITE SEA by Beatriz Williams (look for it in stores and online on November 3rd) and YOU ARE A BADASS by Jen Sincero. I recently finished the manuscript for LIES AND OTHER ACTS OF LOVE by Kristy Woodson Harvey ( you folks are going to love it in April 2016!)
Did you find a link you love? Tell me!
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T