Hello! I missed Literary Friday last week because of vacation (and I’m working on a post about that!) This week has been a week of catch-up and feeling loopy from the dental work I had done. I’m enjoying the sunshine today and looking forward to a family get together tomorrow! What are you doing this weekend?
1. Deep South Magazine and their #literaryfriday: Maya Angelou stamp news, April is National Card and Letter Writing Month and much more!!!
2. OnDBookshelf gives THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES a 5 star shoutout!
3. Always With A Book reviews Robyn Carr’s NEVER TOO LATE.
4. People are buzzing about HAUSFRAU- but did Katie at Doing Dewey like it? Check out her #review.
5. Traveling With T has 3 giveaways: Imaginary Things by Andrea Lochen, Pretty Ugly by Kirker Butler and French Coast by Anita Hughes.
6. What are your #fridayreads? I’m reading NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT by Hallie Ephron!
7. Looking for new reads? Katie at Doing Dewey and I have 29 books we are excited to read publishing between April-June 2015! Check out Futuristic Friday and see if you find some new books!
8. Do you want to share your blog posts on Instagram, but are unsure how? Try Filling My Prayer Closet’s tips for making Instagram another place where you can engage with people about your blog!
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
8 thoughts on “Literary Friday, ya’ll….”
As always, thanks for your tireless efforts promoting our futuristic Friday choices! I have such fun putting those together and getting excited about upcoming reads.
If people have read Hausfrau, I’d also recommend checking out the spoilers-welcome discussion at The Socratic Salon.
You are so welcome!!! 🙂 🙂 I love talking about our Futuristic Friday selections!!! I’m getting SOOOOOOOOO excited about the future reads *I may even have shuffled a couple ahead in my pile- that’s how excited I am!!!***
Thanks for the link to The Socratic Salon- I love they are doing the big spoiler-y discussion!!!
I loved Katie’s review of Hausfrau…I’m one of the only other ones who didn’t like it! But, I did love the Hausfrau discussion on Socratic Salon. And – I just finished Pretty Ugly…and it was totally ridiculous, yet awesome. Would make a great recovery book!
I think Hausfrau is getting too much buzz for me right now to even consider reading it- and I have several others with similar plots that I would rather read. I’m SO glad you like Pretty Ugly!!! 🙂 🙂 I might check that one out soon- because a recovery book is something we all need!
Thanks for the link to my The Secrets of Midwives review. I liked checking out all the upcoming books. I didn’t realize that the author of A Man Called Ove has a new book coming out, definitely look forward to that one. I don’t know if I’m going to read Hausfrau. I’m drawn in by the cover, but not really a fan of promiscuity in novels. Think I’m going to give it a pass since it sounds like I may not really connect with the main character.
You are SO welcome! Happy to share your review! I think I’m going to pass on Hausfrau myself. It’s just getting too much buzz for me to even attempt! But I do love that cover!!!!
I loved The Secrets of Midwives.
Me TOOOOOOOOO! SO good!