A new year, a new set of reading goals!
Reading Goals…. Ahh, my heart just beat a bit faster as I typed that! 2014 is a new year and you need new reading goals. Maybe you want to push yourselves- really strive hard to read as many books as you can. Maybe you already know this year is not going to be the year to make big goals- you might be experiencing a life challenge, or exciting news, or going back to school. It’s cool- the thing about reading goals is that you really aren’t competing against anyone- just you! So whatever the goal for 2014 whether it’s 12 books or 100+ books- set your goals! And tell me 🙂
Thoughts for 2014:
1. Do you want to participate in challenges?
Some people like them. Some don’t. I don’t hate them- but I try to not do so many- pick maybe 1 or 2.
2. Think of how many authors you know you’re going to want to read this year.
For example, I know that Denise Swanson will publish 2 books this year, Jen McKinlay will publish 2 or 3, Sarah Jio will publish at least 1, and on and on. So I know already there is at least 5 books that I want to read- after doing that, you may find out you already have quite a few books you plan to read in 2014.
3. Consider if you want to make room in your schedule for new to you authors.
During the year, you may find some new authors to you- maybe a book blogger is talking about a book, maybe your indie bookstore, maybe in some other way you hear about a book.
4. Don’t be afraid to readjust your goals and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t meet your goals.
Things happen. Life happens. Maybe you are busy. Maybe a reading slump. Just be ok with it!
Traveling With T’s Goals:
1. Read 125 books.
2. Read 10 new to me authors.
3. Make time for my favorite cozy series.
4. To give a book a chance but not to be afraid to DNF if I’m not enjoying.
5. To read at least 10 books that are already on my TBR list.
Let me know what your goals are AND how you are doing over the year!