Today, I have Helen from My Novel Opinion stopping by to talk about her 2014 Resolutions! You might remember Helen from her being featured as a Blogger Made of AWESOME and her resolutions do not disappoint! Read on!
Helen’s 2014 Resolutions
Almost a month ago, I received an email from Tamara asking if I would like to take part in her New Year’s Resolution feature. All I needed to do was put together a post with some of my own resolutions, bookish or non-bookish, and send it back to her by December 30th.
It’s now Christmas Eve and I’m just trying to come up with something. I figured that the best approach, and my usual one, was to just type and see what ends up on the page.
I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions, I feel that they are just there to be broken. If I do come up with one or two, it is always with good intentions. I go into the New Year all gung ho thinking, hoping, that this year will be different, this year will be the one where I manage to see my resolutions through to the end. And it always ends the same way…by Spring I have completely forgotten about them.
Some of the New Year’s Resolutions that I have made in the past are the usual suspects…eat healthier, lose weight, save more money, etc. Since I always break these – I love food that is bad for you, I lose weight but put it back on, and well money is there to be spent – I thought that I would share some bookish resolutions.
So for 2014 I resolve to:
- Read at least 60 books (I managed 62 for 2013)
- Read more non-fiction (I only read 2 in 2013)
- Continue to discover new-to-me authors (I read books by 45 different authors in 2013, 37 of them new to me!)
- Get back into sharing my thoughts and opinions on the books I read (I’ve let this slip in the last couple of months)
- Read the books I have unread before adding more to my TBR (I was going to share the number but it’s a little embarrassing, let’s just say that it is more than I thought)
- Stick to my blogging manifesto (I’ve been doing well with this since posting before Thanksgiving)
Thanks for reading, I’d love some encouragement as the year goes by!
Want to give Helen some encouragement? Stop by My Novel Opinion and do that!
3 thoughts on “Guest Post: Helen from My Novel Opinion talks about her 2014 resolutions”
Yay for more non-fiction! If you want any recommendations, let me know 🙂
🙂 🙂 Thanks for finding time to write the guest post! Loved it!