It’s week 2 questions for Book Lovers Unite online book club!
STILL plenty of time to join if you haven’t read The Comfort of Lies!
Week 2 Questions:
1. Should Juliette have told Nathan’s mother about the affair?
2. Tia and Juliette- completely opposite women in every regard except this: They love (and have been loved by Nathan). Juliette is classy, a role model, a business woman. Tia is younger, still looking for a way to make it in the world, and comes from a less privileged background. What drew Nathan to these women?
3. When Juliette talks about “never being able to let go of her child” should she be so quick to judge Tia? A mother’s love is strong- but can we make a point that Tia acted like a true mother in this case by putting her child’s needs ahead of her own? Or did Tia choose to find an adoptive family for selfish reasons?
4. There’s a power struggle between Juliette and Nathan. By all rights, in my opinion, Juliette should have the upper hand. He had the affair, he kept the knowledge about the child a secret. And yet, Nathan has turned this around- kept putting off the big convo that him & Juliette needed to have. Thoughts?
5. Tia going to Juliette’s work place- bold move? Underhanded?
6. How would you react if you were Caroline and Juliette had told you all about the events that lead to Savannah?
7. “Maybe that’s our problem. We haven’t yet figured out how to truly hate you, so we turn it on each other”- Tia. How does that statement fit in with the whole Tia/Nathan/Juliette dynamic?
8. Tia is adamant that Juliette never have any contact with Savannah. Is this fair? Is this realistic?
I hope you are enjoying week 2 of the reading!