Book Lovers Unite people: It’s time! Week 1 discussion questions have been posted!
Remember- we will only discuss the first section of reading- pgs 1-111. I just finished that section last night- and boy, does Randy Susan Meyers know how to write a great opening that will hopefully lead to a GREAT discussion!
Week 1 Questions:
1. Tia- would it be simplistic to say she has “daddy issues” and that’s why she had an affair?
2. Affairs- black and white issue ( affairs are wrong- no question) or gray-issue (it’s not a def “line in the sand” wrong)?
3. Speaking of affairs- who is to blame more- Tia or Nathan? Tia for going after a married man? Or Nathan for breaking his vows? Are they equal in their blame? Can a person be taken that doesn’t want to be taken (at least on some level)?
4. Juliette- when does Juliette go from being a victim to earning a share of blame? When she hides the letter? When she has Caroline over under false pretenses? Or does she still retain her victim status?
5. Should Juliette have left Nathan when she found out about Tia?
6. Is Tia wrong for sending a letter to Nathan? Could her intent have been more malicious than it appeared?
7. Thoughts on Tia getting pregnant- she states about being on the pill since she gave birth. Is that statement telling? Was she not on the pill with Nathan? Was she trying to force Nathan into choosing her by having his baby?
8. Caroline- should Caroline have agreed to adopt Savannah? Or should she have said “no” to adoption? She caved in to her husband’s desires- but what about her own? At what point should 2 people say ” we love each other- but this is a deal-breaker” and part ways?
Thanks for joining in Week 1 of reading The Comfort of Lies!