Valentine’s Day. I’ll admit how much I love the red hearts, the glitter, the pretty packaging of the chocolate. How much I love having Valentine’s Day plans with someone special. I’ll even admit that some years I’ve been a Valentine hater- annoyed by the over-abundance of red, flowers, and the teddy bears everywhere. I’ve even participated in the “single awareness days” with good food and wine with friends. And there may even be a time or two where I’ve scoffed at the over-commercialization of the holiday, the cost of cards,dinner, flowers and more. But as the years keep turning, I’ll just admit that Valentine’s Day is a day to show love- to do something for yourself that makes you happy. To make sure that your loved ones know they are special.
And while my heart still beats a little faster at the sight of red hearts and seeing all the over-the-top goodies and stuff; I recognize life is not a romantic-comedy (my life isn’t at any rate). So, in light of this- I always try to make my Valentine’s Day a bit special- no matter the status of my romantic life. Because being good to yourself is the best way to be happy.
I mentioned before that my Valentine’s Day plans include tickets to Cirque de la Mystique and having dinner with a friend. I also have my eye on a couple of different earrings at Dogeared Jewelry. I also plan to indulge myself the next weeked by going to the movies to see Safe Haven and have dinner at my favorite eating place.
Enjoy your Valentine’s day!
Gifts for Book Lovers:
Bookmagnet has a list of books that would make a great gift for the book lover in your life.
After reading the list, I thought of some other books that would make a great gift:
1. The Art Forger by B.A. Shapirio and tickets to an art exhibit/museum.
2. Beautiful Darkness and tickets to the movie
3. The Hunger Games trilogy ( I know, I know- I need to quit with The Hunger Games- but I still love it.)
4. The Meryl Streep Movie Club and a night of watching favorite Meryl Streep movies and snacks
5. Meanwhile Back at Cafe Du Monde for a foodie (even better to plan with a trip to New Orleans)
6. A gift certificate to favorite bookstore
7. An Audible subscription for audio-book lover
8. Like going to literary haunts? Buy Deep South Mag’s Literay Trail App and plan a road-trip!
6 thoughts on “Valentine’s Ideas…..”
I love these!
Thank you! I loved your list as well!
Thanks so much for suggesting the app. A literary road trip would be the perfect adventure for book lovers!
You’re welcome! Exactly- I def think it would make for a great time for people!
I would love to do a literary road trip!
Wouldn’t that be the best? I did a little one here a few weeks ago- rode around and saw some of The Help sights and we stopped by Eudora Welty’s house, but I’d love to do more of an extended trip!