Another day, another run to go see a dr for daddy’s eyes (he’s doing good!) The Tambulance will probably be rolling next week again as we have another appointment and I am hoping that we will be slacking up on appointments soon.
In other news- today is Valentine’s Day and THE SUN IS FINALLY SHINING after days of rain and gray skies and I almost cried with joy when I woke up this morning and saw the sun (oh I’ve missed you friend!)
2. I’m also hosting a giveaway over at Instagram and am THISCLOSE to 1,200 followers (so follow me?)
3. #FridayReads: Still reading Strike Me Down. It’s taking me awhile- but I’ve been busy and haven’t had the time to devote to the book.
4. “And our main character- Agnes- well, while she might have prided herself on some of her snarkability- her naive attitude about some things drove me crazy.”
5. “Bottom line: It took me a bit to get in the story (but I had a lot going on and you really need to sit down with this book and carve out some time.) A chapter here and there is going to leave you unsatisfied. I look forward to seeing what Tanen Jones is working on next.”
6. I was recently approved for some great book mail via Netgalley and Edelweiss: On Ocean Boulevard, Best Behavior, Don’t Look for Me, The Key Lime Crime, Sister Dear, and The Lions of Fifth Avenue. Are any of these on your radar?
7. Reviews and news from the web: One.ChapterAtATime is having a IG giveaway, DanyTheBookworm_ is talking about Lauren Layne’s books, LoveofMuse has some great book mail, BookApotamus is doing a book face, ReecaPieces reviews The Third To Die, Jenn Tarheel Reader reviews Mercy House, & Bookfan reviews The Borgia Confessions.
8.”How JT is not afraid to get diabolical. I thought for a long time what the best word would be to describe some of her characters and diabolical is THE word. Give me more, more, more! I love it!”
9. Well before the rain for days, before having to be at cataract surgery at 7am- I was walking every morning. Don’t worry- these walks will resume now!
10. Surprise book mail 🙂
11. Has anyone read Dead To Her?
12. Not going to lie- I clapped my hands when I found this book gem in a box the other week. ❤
13. Sometimes love is a plate of chicken strips. Especially when you’ve been trying VERY hard to eat right. And YOU didn’t go to Walmart (or Walgreens) and buy the bag of Ghirardelli chocolate that you normally would have picked up as a Valentine’s day treat your self treat.
*What are you reading this weekend?*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T