It’s FRIDAY. Mani and pedi happened today, I was all excited and ready for the Patti Callahan Henry signing- unfortunately that was cancelled 😦 So, now my Friday night will consist of reading and catching up on Season 3 of Scandal (sounds good, right?)
1. Deep South Mag and #literaryfriday: News about Harper Lee’s latest, Interview with Leah Stewart, giveaway announcement about BLACK-EYED SUSANS by Julia Heaberlin and much more!
2. 2 #giveaways happening at Traveling With T: THREE RIVERS by Tiffany Quay Tyson and CENTER OF GRAVITY by Laura McNeill. Stay tuned to Traveling With T next week as there will be 4 (count them, 4!!!) giveaways happening. You’re welcome!
3. Melody @ LilMommaReader is giving some shout-outs to Jenny Milchman (a Traveling With T favorite, by the way!)
4. Wesley @ Library Educated interviews Vanessa Lafaye, author of UNDER A DARK SUMMER SKY, as part of #AllLadyJuly!
5. Silver’s Reviews is giving away THE ROSIE EFFECT!
6. Ivory Owl Reviews AS NIGHT FALLS and has a giveaway happening (2 days left!)
7. My #FridayReads: BRUTALITY by Ingrid Thoft. It’s no secret that I adore Ingrid and wish Fina was my BFF. What are you reading for #fridayreads?
8. And because sometimes I feel the need to share a funny story- I’m a pool-aholic. I love the pool (don’t worry- I wear SPF like crazy and a baseball hat with sunglasses the size of Frisbees! When I’m not actually swimming, I like to read, while in the pool. So, I never read finished books or my Kindle because I’m worried about dropping them. (Why don’t I lay outside the pool and read? Because it’s a 150 degrees in Mississippi and I can’t handle the hear if I’m outside the pool. Same applies for a float! So, I’m reading my ARC of WILDEST DREAMS by Robyn Carr (perfect pool book) and the book slips from my hands and I drop the bottom section in the pool. I’m out there screaming “Oh Calamity” (much like those characters from BIG LITTLE LIES by Liane Moriarty, the kitty cats are running, and I had to lay the book in the sun to dry it out (luckily, with 150 degree temps- it did not take THAT long to dry.) #talesfrompoolreading
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T