It’s here! It’s time! This is Week 1 Discussion of Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Redfearn.
Each week (on Friday) new questions will be posted. We’ll only discuss what happens in the book during the pages designated for that week’s reading. Please know you can read ahead or stick with the group or play catch-up (just #nospoilers please!)
You don’t have to answer all the questions! Just answer the ones you want! And feel free to ask questions (if there is not something that I covered!)
Lastly, just have fun! Because if it’s not fun- it’s not worth it. #truthoftheday
To see the reading schedule, visit here.
Week 1 Questions
1. “We look like the perfect family and I’m happy to pretend.” Jillian, page 1. What does this statement tell us as readers? Did it give you a tingle of nervousness about what was to happen in the next 300+ pages?
2. Gordon is a police officer. How does Gordon’s career work against Jillian? Are wives of police officers almost always doomed in this kind of situation (if their husband is abusive?)
3. Jillian is smart. She’s confident in her work environment. Jillian is not confident as a mother, though. How does Gordon use her fears and perceived shortcomings against her?
4. “I can’t handle what I have” is a theme that runs through Hush Little Baby. What does this mean? Do you ever wonder about Jillian’s state of mind as she repeats this?
5. When Gordon speaks of Jillian’s temper to a friend- Jillian is shocked. What was Gordon’s goal?
6. Jillian tells her friend Connor about the abuse. After seeing the bruises, though, Connor has a harder time believing her story (though he still supports her). How does Jillian’s vanity tie her hands when it comes to Gordon?
7. This week I want you to think about what you would do if you were in Jillian’s place. You don’t have to post (if it’s not something you want to share). Our last discussion will have a question about has your opinion changed (in any way) after reading the book?
Thank you for joining in! Be sure and tell your mama, your book loving friends and anyone else!