NOTE: There is the potential of spoilers.
Thank you, Kim, for taking time today to answer questions!
Questions for Kimberly McCreight:
1. Did you know from the very beginning who would hurt Amelia?
2. What is your all-time favorite book?
3. What kinds of books do you like to read?
4. Did you attend a prep school like Amelia’s or participate in any sororities?
5, Where did you get the idea for this story?
6. Is any of this story based on personal experience?
7. Did you have a target audience in mind when writing the book?
8. What are you currently reading?
9. If RA was turned into a movie who would you cast?
10. The ups and downs of family relationships is at the heart of RA. Was it easy or difficult to write about this?
11. Where do you write? Do you have any rituals?
12. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?
13. What is your advice for parents on how to deal with parenting in the digital age?
14. Any truth to what happens in RA? Was there an inspiration?
15. What is the best book you’ve recently read?
16. The cover of Reconstructing Amelia– is there significance to not really being able to see the girl’s face? Is she covering herself? Or possibly revealing herself bit by bit?
17. The school and police was quick to write off Amelia’s death as a suicide. Possibly did some of that quick conclusion come from a motive of wanting a quick answer so Kate would never get involved in the school and learn things?
18. Amelia’s downfall- what ultimately lead to that? Loving Dylan? Or being a good friend? Or does Kate not being truthful about Amelia’s father lead to her downfall?
19. Why did the principal target Amelia for the truth about the Magpies? Was it because of Amelia’s good girl reputation? Or because, unlike other parent’s, Kate was not involved in the school- therefore Kate would not be in his business like other parents?
20. The author of graceFULLY- how did you decide who that should be?
Thank you again, Kimberly McCreight! Answering our questions about Reconstructing Amelia is 100% appreciated! I think I can speak for everyone when I say how great Reconstructing Amelia was- and that we are anxiously awaiting another book!