There are many, many, many books of 2012 that were good- some were great- others fantastic. Some created a lot of buzz (hello, Gone Girl!) while some were equally as good- but did not get the attention. These are the books I read in 2012 that I thought were great!
1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn– yes more praise for this book. It really was THAT good!
2. Hemingway’s Girl by Erika Robuck– historical fiction. Romance. Sadness. Anger. A strong willed Mariella. And Hemingway- his literary ways, his personal life- the things that made him a good man, but also the bad sides that he showed. READ!
3. The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D by Nichole Bernier– this book made me think quite a bit. Excellent discussion for book club.
4. Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio– two tales seemingly unconnected- except for the fact of a Blackberry Winter. But, oh so much more to this story!
5. The Mermaid Collector by Erika Marks- Coastal Community, mermaids, secrets, love. Beautiful story.
6. The Art Forger by BA Shapiro– art, lust, deceit, double-crossing- each page is filled with good plot.
7. The Meryl Streep Movie Club by Mia March– funny book about 3 women dealing with some personal life drama- then their aunts terrible news. Finding yourself, reconnecting with family- all while watching Meryl Streep movies. Perfect beach book.
8. The River Witch by Kimberly Brock– haunting. The story will stay with the reader for quite some time!
2 thoughts on “Best Books of 2012 (Traveling With T’s List)”
Reblogged this on Man Vs Books Club! and commented:
It is such a great post that it had to be shared.
Thank you 🙂 🙂