I was nominated for Liebster Blog Award by The Book Wheel– a cute book blog! Do the right thing and check out the blog- it’s fun, informative, and just great.
To receive the Liebster Blog Award, you must follow the rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions given by the blogger who nominates you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and make sure to notify them.
- Write 11 new questions for the bloggers you are nominating (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you)
- Claim the Liebster Award picture for your blog
Random Facts About Me
- I like movies as much as I like to read books (and I love watching the previews for the new movies!)
- I’m a soap-opera fan- specifically Days of Our Lives.
- Wayne Newton sent my table a bottle of champagne when we were at his show.
- I love pedicures- brightly colored nail polish is a fav.
- Taking pictures is a hobby of mine.
- I adore going to book signings.
- Sitting on the beach- watching the waves crash in, feeling the sun & sand on my feet is one of the best feelings ever.
- I have been known to sing in a hairbrush while getting ready to go out.
- I’ve never been kissed under the mistletoe.
- I can’t whistle, wink or blow bubbles with gum.
- Orange Crush is one of my favorite drinks.
The Book Wheel’s Questions for Me
- What song is your “soundtrack” to life? I love so many songs- but the 2 that I like the most- the ones I play when I’m excited or need a pick me up is: Searching my Soul by Vonda Shepherd and So Much Better by Legally Blonde the Musical Cast.
- If you could meet any literary figure or author, who would it be and why? Literary figure: Kinsey Milhone (Sue Grafton novels)- because Kinsey is smart, takes no crap from anyone- and I would love for her to teach me how to pick a lock and then us to get a Quarter Pounder with Cheese afterwards.. Authors: Ann M. Martin (The Babysitters Club) or Judy Blume- because both of those women inspired my love in reading. They wrote about characters that I could relate to and lose myself in their books.
- What is your favorite book of all time? Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Parasailing 🙂 And I had my tarot cards read once! (I don’t do a lot of crazy things!)
- What is the one thing you can’t live without? Music- love to listen to music.
- If you were to change your name, what would it be and why? Lauren- it’s a pretty name & the name of Reese Witherspoon’s character in This Means War.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People that cancel plans at last minute.
- E-Reader or books? Actually, I like both. At this point- the price determines the format.
- Name one of your guilty pleasures. Watching Gossip Girl while snacking on butterfinger blast.
- What is your ideal dream job? A publicist or Being a beach bum/surf shop owner.
- Are you allergic to anything? Cats
My 11 Questions to Other Bloggers
- What’s the first book you read?
- If you could be any character, who would you pick?
- What would be the first thing you would buy if won the lottery?
- Favorite color?
- Would you ever have a psychic reading?
- If you found a genie in a bottle, what would your 3 wishes be?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Was your first kiss everything you wanted or a let-down?
- Name one place you feel the most comfortable in.
- Favorite book of 2012?
- Most anticipated (in your opinion) book of 2013?