We’re back!! Today, we (Tanya from GirlXOXO, Andi from Estella’s Revenge and me!) are kicking off #AMonthOfFaves2016!
Thu. | Dec. 1 – These Are A Few of My Favorite Things #AMonthofFaves2016 – eg. to eat, drink, wear, smell, see, do, enjoy, best thing I bought, most used gift received etc, favorite concert, outdoor activity, place visited, most squee worthy moment of the year, biggest change.
So, go check out our posts and don’t forget to link up, baby! We’ll be circling around the internet, sharing posts, giving thumbs up and LOVING all you for joining in!
T’s Favorite Things:
1. Like Olaf, I like warm hugs and summer time. I live for the pool, the smell of sunscreen and the feel of the water on my skin. My niece, Alexa, spent some good days in the summer sun with me and we would swim, jump in the pool and eat popsicles and ice cream that Papaw would bring to us. I’m already awaiting next summer!!!
2. Gardening. I come from a long line of women who had green thumbs and this year, I discovered mine. I scoured Lowes up and down- looking for the best plants. I found out that vinca and petunias worked well in my yard and planters and that the fuchsia plant (for whatever reason) would not thrive in my yard. Plus, my dahlia’s kick butt. Plans have been made for next year and I’m looking forward to getting my hands dirty in the soil. #gardeningisgoodforthesoilandsoul
3. Disney on Ice. I went a few weeks ago with my niece to watch Disney on Ice (I forget the exact name, but it had the cast of Frozen in it). As much as I LOVE Disney- I’ve never been so this was a fun experience for me and for her!
4. Becoming a character in a book. It’s been a long term goal of mine, but in 2016, I became a character in a book. Yep! The book is The Last Good Girl by Allison Leotta and I am a nurse (finally fulfilling my Daddy’s dream for me!) A Nurse with sass. I like it!
5. My new bookmarks from Marked by Mary. They are fabulous and I will cry if I ever lose them!
6. Embracing quiet time. I’ve taken more breaks from social media. I’ve taken time to focus on me. To swim. To breathe deeply. To play with my 3 kitty cats. To make memories with my niece. It’s helped me begin to think about how I want to live, to be more authentic.
7. My camera. I’m probably the last person on Earth who still actually carries a camera everywhere I go.
*What are some of your fave things?*
Link up here:
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
18 thoughts on “#AMonthOfFaves2016: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things”
Summer is also my favorite Season and it is not long enough here in NJ. I tell my husband all the time when we retire we are moving to AZ so I can swim all year around! In the Summer you will find me floating in my pool reading. Gardening I am not so good at, but I attempt every year to find that special plant that will take my abuse and neglect.
I did promise myself this year to take time to stop and smell the roses. I feel we are always in such a rush that we don’t appreciate what is around us.
Well summer starts here in MS sometimes in May (heck sometimes April!) and lasts forever. I mean you can’t swim past some point in Sept, but that is just because the nights get cool 😉
AZ will be nice for your plans!!
Have you tried vinca yet? It takes a lot of abuse, loves the heat, and is fairly low maintenance!
AND YES! Stopping and smelling the roses (literally or figuratively) is always a good thing!
That’s so cool that you’re a book character – how did that happen?!
*blushing* I’ve met the author before at BEA and have talked up her books on social media! One day she emailed me about asking if I minded being a character and I was all OH YES- I don’t mind at all 🙂 And then months later, the book was born and there I was. 🙂
Summer is my absolute fave season too. Give me warm weather and a pool or beach any day. And wowza – congrats on being a character in a book! That’s so awesome.
Yes. Yes. Yes. I can totally tell me and you would get along 🙂 🙂 Thank you, thank you!!
I was gonna be all “SUMMER! I LOVE SUMMER! ME TOO!” and then I saw you became a character in a book?!! I love it so hard! And now I’m jealous in the happy-for-you way. 🙂 How awesome!
You can still be all SUMMER!!!! 🙂 🙂 It was a fun and happy thing. I knew it was coming, I just wasn’t sure exactly how my character was going to be! 🙂
So many high fives for more time away from social media. I love it, but I also need to get awayyyyy. Can’t wait to see pics of your yard when it’s time for flowers again!
YES. It’s all that I can do ANYTHING, not EVERYTHING mindset for me. I was feeling pressure (mostly self-imposed) and I was all “I NEED TO MAKE ME A PRIORITY.” So, boom. 🙂 I will def be out there snapping pics more this year. I’ve already got my plans drawn out for where to put things and early in 2017- I’m going to be out there on any not too cold day working on the soil (I have some areas that need some nutrients!)
A character in a book?! Ok, you win!
🙂 🙂 It’s a cool feeling 🙂 🙂
I really need to find my gardening confidence because I REALLY want a butterfly garden! I just always chicken out when it comes to planting. Maybe I need to spend the winter planning.
My advice: Start small. I started with petunias and then kind of worked my way from there. Plus think about your habits and area you live in- if something needs a lot of attention and water and you know you’ll be lucky to remember to water 1x a week or so- then look at other flowers 🙂 I hope you get your butterfly garden- mine were in love with the vinca and verbena I planted!
Wow, I didn’t even know you could become a character in a book, but now that’s going on my bucket list! That’s awesome!
Thank you!!! It was a HUGE surprise to me- but I am so jazzed about it (still!)
*blushing* SO sweet of you!