Happy New Year! It’s the first day of 2015- and I hope you will do everything in your power to make 2015 sparkle. Be fun. Be a year of good things. Maybe it’ll be the year you take a plunge- start a blog, learn to cook, travel, try new foods. Maybe it’ll be the year that you decide on important choices. Maybe, maybe, maybe. My point is that today the year is here- and you are the person to make it sparkle!
I already spoke about some of my resolutions/goals, but I have a few more that I saved for today:
1. I resolve to stop “saving” stuff for later- the good perfume, the pretty shirt, sparkly earrings. Life is happening all around me and I damn well better wear the shirt, use the perfume and rock the heck outta the sparkly earrings. If not now- when?
2. To take pictures of my food without worrying about what people think. It’s my food- and if it looks good- then by all means I should take a picture, right?
3. To not worry as much about being “that girl”: That girl who goes out to eat by herself. I have gotten better about it- but I still sometimes feel naked and exposed. I’m at a point in my life where I can’t depend on always having a companion- and I have to be 100% ok with that.
4. To spend as much time with my beautiful niece as possible. To read to her. To make memories.
5. To take a break from the thinking “what’s next?” and just be.
What are some of your goals/resolutions?
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T