I’ve got the beach on my mind- playing in the sand and water, soaking up the sun, wearing the baseball cap, swimming, beachy hair, smell of coconut lotion in the air, and just the relaxed feeling of summer.
So that lead to the thought process of what books I’d put in my beach bag. I made a list! Will I read all this summer? Probably not. I like to save some of the magic of summer for the cold, dreary winter months 🙂
Traveling With T’s Beach Bag Book List:
1. Time Flies by Claire Cook- June 11
2. While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax- April 2
3. All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue- May 21
4. Finding Colin Firth by Mia March- July 9
5. The Guest House by Erika Marks- June 4
6. The Last Original Wife by Dorothea Benton Frank- June 11
7. Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger- June 4
8. Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella- April 23
9. Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger by Beth Harbison- July 9
10. Island Girls by Nancy Thayer- June 18
11. Ladies’ Night by Mary Kay Andrews- June 4
12. The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or Why I’m Never Getting All the Glitter Off the Dog by Jen Lancaster-June 4
13. Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand- June 25
What will be in your beach bag for summer reads?
14 thoughts on “Beach Bag Reads…”
What a fun idea 🙂
Thanks 🙂 🙂 How have you been? I feel like I haven’t talked to you in years (really just months- but still!)
I went to Eudora Welty’s house back in Jan. Thought of you!
Did you take any photos of Welty’s house? Feel like going another round on Southern Creatives? I’d love to you have over!!
I did and I would love to! I’ll email you later today.:)
This is a great list!! I want to start reading late Atkinson as I’ve heard good things about her books! Also the new Lisa jewell book 🙂
Thanks! I have not read the Kate Atkinson Life After Life. But have been hearing great things. I’m not familiar with Lisa Jewell- I’ll have to look her up!
Considering I moved way away from the beach (you know, 3 miles from it to a few states from it), I don’t have a beach bag. But, I do plan to hang out in the mountains a lot, but I haven’t figured out what to put in it yet!
I’m unsure if I’ll make it to the actual “beach”- I may just make it as far as the pool area and that’s it. But I love the beach. You can amend your “beach bag books” to “mountain bag books” 😉
ok- I am just going to copy the entire list!! All wonderful books-can I read them in my yard? I might not make the beach either :-((( I just finished The Supremes at Earl’s All You Can Eat- it was wonderful!
I made it to the beach last year 2 times (one for my brother’s wedding and one for weekend charity fund-raising event). But, I’d love to make it to a beach- any beach for about a week- do some fun things and still have some time for relaxing and reading 🙂
You can read them anywhere 🙂 Just put you a chair, grab some sunscreen, and get you a cool drink- it won’t be the beach- but it’ll be relaxing 🙂
I’ll have to check The Supremes out! Thanks for the recommendation.
I think a “summer” or “beach” read is ANYTHING you want to read over the summer!!! 🙂
Yep!!! What will you be reading this summer?
Probably just more of my to-read list! I don’t know exactly. . . Besides the SheReads picks (depending on those decisions), I’m just going to work on knocking off more of my list! So I have no idea at the moment! 🙂