Since January felt like one big long string of Monday’s, I was ready for February to get here. I’ve still got a lingering cough and I think my cats are getting concerned because every time I cough- they look at me with panic in their eyes. Or maybe they’ve realized that I’m the one that keeps the never ending supply of wet food at night and crunchy food all day long, fresh water in the bowl and clean beds and towels to lay around on and don’t want the gravy train to come to an end- hence the worry about the cough.
February still has some of that January feeling- my mom had back surgery this week and she’s in less pain than she was before surgery, but it’s hard on her to not be able to do all she wants to do. I’m taking her back to doctor next week for a checkup and hoping he gives her good news about her recovery phase. If you are into sending good vibes- feel free to send good vibes this way 🙂
1. My #FridayReads:
View this post on Instagram
#sponsored: Thanks @kensingtonbooks for my #currentread! . . There was a time that basically all I read could be described as ‘cozy mystery’. I loved them. Couldn’t get enough. Then a few authors got me kind of nitpicky about the genre & I started reading other type of books. I still have some authors that are auto-buys for me in cozy mystery, but there is a whole bunch of new authors out there now! . . I’m 35 pages in The Hidden Corpse & enjoying it ( plus that dog is SO cute!!) . . #booksofinstagram #bibliophile #booksofig #booksofinsta #bookstagramandcoffee #cozymysteryseries #thehiddencorpse #debrasennefelder
2. ICYMI at Traveling With T this week: Happy Pub Day to Susan Gloss and The Curiosities, Happy Pub Day to Jessica Strawser and Forget You Know Me + Giveaway, and The Night Olivia Fell.
3. Is The Night Before by Wendy Walker on your TBR list?
4. Reviews from around the web: Stephanie’s Novel Fiction reviews The Winter Sister, Jenn Tarheel Reader reviews I Owe You One, Really Into This reviews The Winter Sister & Always With A Book reviews I Invited Her In, Silver’s Reviews reviews The Last Romantics, PhDiva reviews The Silent Patient, & Audio Killed The Bookmark reviews The Matchmaker’s List.
5. SO excited to see one of my fave authors (Kristy Woodson Harvey) getting some book love about The Southern Side of Paradise from Parade- SSOP is on the 12 Big Fiction Reads Every Book Club Will Love in 2019 list. Parade says “Book clubs that devoured Jane Green’s The Sunshine Sisters will adore this new Southern family drama.”
6. If you aren’t reading Molly Harper, you are missing out!
View this post on Instagram
#partner: Thanks 🙏 to @gallerybooks for sending me this ARC of Molly Harper’s next book, Gimme Some Sugar. . . Have you read any of the books in this series? I’ll admit that Sweet Tea & Sympathy caught my eye solely for cover ( so much so that I put it on my Christmas list last year & my brother picked it up for me) but once I started reading about this fun town in Georgia with great characters- I was hooked. . . Look for Gimme Some Sugar April 2019- it’s def a book to add to your TBR list. . . #bookstagramandcoffee #booksofinstagram #bibliophile #mollyharper #booksofig
* Don’t forget to enter to win Forget You Know Me and have a great weekend!*
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T