Hey ya’ll- it’s Friday. The first day of the new month. It’s also just a few more days till Valentine’s Day- which is a day that some people love, some dislike and some just don’t care. I, for the most part, love it. I like hearts and glitter personally. And no matter the status of my love life- I always make sure to treat myself- this year it’s all about culture- I have tickets to Cirque de la Symphonie and plans for dinner with a friend. On to #literaryfriday news:
1. Deep South Magazine– Amelia Bedelia, The Following, literary events, and much more. Check out this week’s edition and if you do the Pinterest thing, check out Deep South Mag’s board- quite fun!
2. She Reads is discussing The Art Forger today, all day long! Get your book loving selves over there- let’s discuss art, love, lust, double-crossing and more!
Here’s the link to my review of The Art Forger– a book that still thrills me and I’m basically just telling everyone to read. I mean, seriously, everyone. Strangers on the street are hearing “Read The Art Forger”.
3. Not to toot my horn, but I have some good news: I’m the new She Reads Discussion Leader! The first book discussion I’ll lead is Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler. So grab some copies (book comes out Feb 12!) and read- then come by She Reads at the end of the month and let’s discuss!
4. My #fridayreads is Gods of Mischief by George Rowe and The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones. Look for both books in February from Touchstone Books.
5. Speaking of Valentine’s Day- why don’t you give the book lover in your life a new book? A fellow #srblog member has ideas! Check out Bookmagnet’s Blog for suggestions of books to give and reviews!